Become an Energy Upgrade California participating contractor
Energy Upgrade CaliforniaTM is an incentive program for: customers of Southern California Gas Company® (SoCalGas) and Southern California Edison (SCE), SoCalGas and Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (LADWP) customers, SoCalGas and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) customers, SoCalGas and Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) customers, and shared customers of SoCalGas and other municipal electric providers.
Licensed contractors have the opportunity to transform the way households use energy through home energy upgrades. The home retrofit market throughout Southern California needs a trained workforce to support this effort. Position your business as an energy responsible leader in your community by becoming an Energy Upgrade California participating contractor.
Who is eligible?
To participate, your customer must meet these requirements:
- Own a single-family detached home
- Be an active customer of both SoCalGas and SCE, or
- Be an active customer of both SoCalGas and LADWP, or
- Be an active customer of both SoCalGas and SDG&E, or
- Be an active customer of both SoCalGas and PG&E, or
- Be an active customer of both SoCalGas and other municipal electric providors
- Participate in either the Basic or Advanced Upgrade package or both.
What projects are eligible?
Basic Upgrade package
This package consists of the following improvements:
- Blower-door-based air sealing
- Attic insulation (min. R-30 all accessible areas)
- Duct sealing (if duct system present)
- Low Flow Showerhead with, or in addition to, Thermostatic Shower Valve Control
- Combustion safety test
Advanced Upgrade package
This package consists of completing the Basic Upgrade package improvements plus installing a variety of approved energy-efficient measures to meet a minimum energy savings equal to or greater than 10%:
- Wall insulation
- Proper sizing of hot water system
- Heating and cooling system upgrade
- Other permanently affixed improvements, such as these:
- Cool Roofs
How energy-saving upgrades can help your customers
Energy upgrades will help to optimize your customers' energy efficiency. They could also enjoy these benefits:
- Realize long-term energy savings
- Possibly reduce energy bills 1
- Increase indoor comfort
- Improve indoor air quality
How to Participate
To become a participating program contractor, you will need to meet these requirements:
- Be a California State Licensed Contractor
- Be BPI-certified
- Complete a program overview orientation and/or appropriate training
For more information or to find out about training opportunities, visit www.thecbpca.org* or call 1-888-871-0345.
1 Monthly bill reduction assumes average usage and conditions. Actual savings may vary.
Required savings reduction will be based on a comparison of prior energy/thermal usage and energy/thermal usage following completion of program measures.
Program participation is limited to customers of one of the following: both Southern California Gas (SoCalGas) and Southern California Edison (SCE), both SoCalGas and Los Angeles Department of Water & Power (LADWP), both SoCalGas and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E), both SoCalGas and Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E), or both SoCalGas and other municipal electric providors. Eligible residences must have a valid SoCalGas and respective electric providor billing address and account. Participation is limited to one incentive payment per household. Pre and post inspections may be required to qualify for the incentives. Program is subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Southern California Gas Company is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer.