Sign up now to receive periodic email updates for your business. Learn more about money-saving rebates, programs and special offers.
Gas Price Outlook
Effective July 1, 2015, the procurement component of the core sales rate will decrease 0.209 ¢/therm to 32.833 ¢/therm. This decrease resulted from a 0.200 ¢/therm decrease in commodity prices and a 0.009 ¢/therm decrease in account adjustments. Compared to a year ago, the procurement rate is about 39.9% lower (54.641 ¢/therm) than what it was effective July 2014.
Combined with the transportation rate, core residential and C&I sales customers will see about a 0.3% rate decrease from last month.
Tips to lower energy costs and use natural gas wisely
The best way to keep winter gas bills lower is to conserve energy. Try these simple low cost/no-cost tips:
- Have a qualified, licensed technician test, clean and adjust your equipment.
- Perform routine maintenance recommended by the manufacturer, according to the owner’s manual. This includes replacing dirty air filters and cleaning intake screens, condenser coils, supply registers and return grills.
- Identify and repair leaky or disconnected ducts.
- Caulk cracks around windows, doors and other openings.
- Set programmable thermostats to turn heating on 30 minutes before people arrive and off 30 to 60 minutes before they leave. Set thermostats no higher than 68 degrees Fahrenheit during occupied periods in the winter.
- Close curtains, shades and blinds at night and during unoccupied periods to help the building retain heat. Keep them open on sunny days.
- Check all lighting timers to be sure they are turning interior and exterior lights on and off at appropriate times.
Manage Your Bills Through Energy Efficiency
Ways to Save Tools
The Ways to Save tools can help you identify the right energy-efficiency projects for your business. These no cost interactive tools provides energy-efficiency recommendations that are customized for your business. See how the tools help improve efficiency and reduce waste.
Energy Efficiency Programs
Our programs for businesses offer incentives that could exceed $2.2 million per customer, per year.
Training and Seminars
Take advantage of training and seminars offered at the Energy Resource Center in Downey, California.
Third Party Commodity Purchasing
Contact your supplier and discuss pricing. Plan your budget accordingly to allocate sufficient funds for energy use.
Participate in one of our energy efficiency programs or call 1-800-427-2000 for details.