Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) offers Energy Efficiency Rebates for Business (EERB) as part of our commitment to excellent service. We offer rebates on new gas-fired cooking equipment, as well as other appliances, for the purpose of replacing inefficient gas-fired equipment with more efficient models. Our rebates can help you reduce the initial cost of your equipment and has the potential to help reduce your operating costs. Rebates are available on the following types of equipment. Please see the 2013-2014 EERB Guide and Application (PDF) for program requirements.
|Equipment Type||Rebate / Unit|
|Combination Oven||$750 / oven|
|Commercial Fryer||$749 / vat|
|Commercial Griddle||$125 / unit|
|Convection Oven||$500 / oven|
|Double-rack Oven||$2,000 / oven|
|Large Conveyor Oven||$750 / oven|
|Qualified Steamer||$2000 / unit|
Basic Equipment Requirements
Equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements.
- Qualified equipment must be purchased and installed between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2014.
- Cook equipment and pipe insulation does not need to replace old equipment. However, all other equipment listed must replace older equipment.
- All required efficiencies must exceed Title 20 & 24 standards.
- All eligible cooking equipment is listed at the Food Service Technology Center's website at fishnick.com.*
- All other equipment can be found on the CA Energy Commission website at appliances.energy.ca.gov. *
How to Apply
1. You must call 1-800-508-2348 to reserve funding! Be sure to read the program's terms and conditions.
2. Purchase and install new, efficient gas fired equipment.
3. Download and complete the 2013-14 EERB Guide and Application (PDF). Submit the following documents:
- Itemized invoice, showing zero balance
- Equipment manufacturer specification sheet
- Verification that the equipment meets efficiency requirements
4. Mail, fax, or email the application package to:
- Southern California Gas Company, Attn: EERB, Box 513249, Los Angeles, CA 90051
- Fax: 213-244-8252. Attn: Rebates for Business.
- Email: EERebatesforBusiness@SoCalGas.com
Tax Notice for Applicants
The following clarification on IRS tax reporting has been made to all rebate/incentive applications:
Rebates are taxable if greater than $600 for business customers, and will be reported to the IRS unless you have identified yourself as a corporation or exempt.
SoCalGas will report your rebate as income to you on IRS Form 1099. You are urged to consult your tax advisor concerning the taxability of rebates. SoCalGas is not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed on your business as a result of receipt of this rebate.
For customers who have authorized a payment release to a third party, SoCalGas will report the payment made to the third party on IRS Form 1099 as "Other Income" to you, the customer receiving the benefit of the Energy Efficiency Rebates for Business (EERB) rebate payment, subject to the same conditions listed above.
Useful Equipment Resources
Find information on additional foodservice rebates, as well as useful catalogs, flyers and much more on our resources page.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Eligibility requirements apply. Southern California Gas Company is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. To qualify, equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements. If you have questions, call your account representative, visit socalgas.com or call 1-800-427-2000 to reserve and confirm eligibility before purchasing products.