Looking for rebates on gas-fired cooking equipment?
SoCalGas® offers Energy-Efficiency Rebates for Business (EERB) for replacing inefficient gas-fired equipment with more efficient models. Our rebates can help you reduce the initial cost of your equipment and has the potential to help reduce your operating costs. Rebates are available on the following types of equipment. Please see the 2013-2015 EERB Guide and Application (PDF) for program requirements.
|Equipment Type||Rebate / Unit|
|Commercial Boiler||$0.50-$4.00 / MBtuh|
|Space Heating Boiler||$0.50-$4.00 / MBtuh|
|Process Heating Boiler||$0.75-$1.50 / MBtuh|
|Storage Water Heater||$1.00-$5.00 / MBtuh|
|Instantaneous/Tankless Water Heater||$0.94-$4.00 / MBtuh|
|Pool Heater||$2.00 / MBtuh|
|Steam Trap for Commercial Customers||$100 / unit|
|Pipe Insulation||$2.00-$3.00 / linear ft|
|Tank Insulation||$2.00-$3.00 / sq ft|
|Residential Clothes Washers for Businesses||$75.00 / unit|
|Greenhouse Heat Curtain||$0.20 / sq ft|
|Infrared Film for Greenhouses||$0.05 / sq ft|
Basic Equipment Requirements
- All equipment must be new gas-fired equipment. Fuel switching does not qualify. All equipment must replace older equipment, with the exception of commercial cooking equipment.
- Qualified equipment must be purchased and installed between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2015.
- All required efficiencies must exceed Title 20 and 24 standards.
- Eligible equipment is listed on the CA Energy Commission website at appliances.energy.ca.gov.*
How to Apply
1. Review program and equipment requirements in the 2013-2015 EERB Guide and Application (PDF). You may reserve funds by calling 1-800-508-2348.
2. Purchase and install new, efficient gas fired equipment.
3. Download the 2013-2015 EERB Guide and Application (PDF) and fill it out. Submit the following documents:
- Itemized invoice, showing zero balance
- Equipment manufacturer specification sheet
- Verification that the equipment meets efficiency requirements
4. Mail, fax, or email the application package to:
- SoCalGas, Attn: C/I Energy-Efficiency Rebates for Business, Box 513249, M.L. GT19A8, Los Angeles, CA 90051
- Fax: 323-518-2368. Attn: Business Rebates
- Email: EERebatesforBusiness@SoCalGas.com
SoCalGas offers EERB as part of the statewide effort to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. For a program overview and policies, please see the EERB Customer Handbook (PDF).
Tax Notice for Applicants
The following clarification on IRS tax reporting has been made to all rebate/incentive applications:
Rebates are taxable if greater than $600 for business customers, and will be reported to the IRS unless you have identified yourself as a corporation or exempt.
SoCalGas will report your rebate as income to you on IRS Form 1099. You are urged to consult your tax advisor concerning the taxability of rebates. SoCalGas is not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed on your business as a result of receipt of this rebate.
For customers who have authorized a payment release to a third party, SoCalGas will report the payment made to the third party on IRS Form 1099 as "Other Income" unless the check received is less than $600, or the payee is identified as a corporation or exempt.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administrated by Southern California Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Eligibility requirements apply. SoCalGas is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. To qualify, equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements. If you have questions, call your account representative or call 1-800-508-2348 to reserve and confirm eligibility before purchasing products.