If you already know about Energy Savings Assistance Program requirements and would like a program representative to contact you, please fill out this online form.
Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®) offers no-cost energy-saving home improvements and furnace repair or replacement services for qualified limited-income renters and homeowners.
|Available energy-saving services may include:|
|Attic insulation||Pipe insulation|
|Door weather-stripping||Faucet aerators|
|Caulking||Minor repairs to exterior doors and/or windows|
|Low flow shower heads and faucet aerators||Energy Education|
|Water heater blankets||Furnace repair or replacement (owner-occupied only)|
|Evaporative cooler covers and A/C covers||Water heater repair or replacement (owner-occupied only)|
There are two ways you may qualify
If you or another person in your household receives benefits from any of these programs:
Medi-Cal/Medicaid Medi-Cal for Families A & B Women, Infants, & Children (WIC) CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF Head Start Income Eligible - Tribal Only Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance CalFresh (Food Stamps) National School Lunch Program (NSLP) Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
Total income for all persons in your household meets the following income guidelines:
Number of persons
Total yearly household income* no more than 1-2 $31,460 3 $39,580 4 $47,700 5 $55,820 6 $63,940 7 $72,060 8 $80,180 For each additional person in your household add $8,120
* Includes current household income from all sources before deductions.
These income guidelines are effective June 1, 2014 thru May 31, 2015.
Total household income is all revenues, from all household members, from whatever sources derived, including but not limited to: wages, salaries, interest, dividends, spousal and child support payments; public assistance payments, Social Security and pensions, rental income, income from self-employment, and all employment-related non-cash income.
What if I don't qualify?
If you do not meet the minimum requirements to participate in the Energy Savings Assistance Program, SoCalGas may still be able to assist you through one of our energy efficiency programs.
If you are recently unemployed, your household income will be calculated from the date of your unemployment. All other provisions on determining income, described above, still apply.
What to expect when you participate in the Energy Savings Assistance Program
- You will be referred to an Energy Savings Assistance Program contractor in your area.
- The Energy Savings Assistance Program contractor will schedule an appointment with you for a home visit.
- During the home visit, the contractor will help you determine if you are eligible for the program and if so, help complete all necessary paperwork.
- If your home meets eligibility requirements, the Energy Savings Assistance Program contractor will schedule a date for the installation of home improvements.
- After the installation, you may be contacted by an inspection contractor to schedule a follow-up visit to ensure all improvements were installed correctly.
How can I verify if the field contractor is approved by SoCalGas?
Approved contractors certified to represent the Energy Savings Assistance Program must present a valid photo ID badge.
On the front of the badge:
- Energy Savings Assistance Program logo
- Picture and name of the employee
- Expiration date (must be current)
- Explicitly says “Outreach Specialist”
- Name of the approved contactor
- Badge number
- Home Improvement Sales Registration (HISR) number
Back of the badge:
- Energy Savings Assistance Program logo
- SoCalGas toll-free number
Customers with concerns about the field contractor’s identity or with general questions about the visit may call 1-800-331-7593 between the hours of 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. to speak with a SoCalGas Energy Savings Assistance Program representative. The representative will be able to verify the field contractor’s identity and if they are authorized to represent the Energy Savings Assistance Program.