2013 incentives have increased. Now up to $4,500 for complete home energy upgrades. For more details watch this informational video.
Make Your Home Energy-Efficient
Have you been noticing drafts or other air leaks in your home and wondering how to fix them? Well, look no further than Energy Upgrade CaliforniaTM, a program for Southern California Gas Company® (SoCalGas) customers that offers one-stop shopping for your home improvement projects. Plus, in 2013, you could receive incentives of up to $4,500 for complete home energy upgrades.
Many air leaks in homes are fairly obvious, such as around windows, doors and electrical outlets. But others, like those in attics, around chimneys, and through recessed lighting fixtures, are often the more significant sources of energy loss in a home. Energy upgrades will help to optimize your home's energy efficiency. You could also enjoy these benefits:
- Save energy and possibly lower your energy bills1
- Make your home warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer
- Greater health benefits for you and your family as a result of improved indoor air quality
- Help reduce greenhouse gases and conserve resources
To participate, you only need to meet three requirements:
- Own a single-family detached home
- Be an active customer of SoCalGas
- Use a participating program contractor
Which type of utility customer are you?
- SoCalGas and Southern California Edison (SCE) customers - Start saving now
- SoCalGas and Los Angeles Department of Water and Power (LADWP) customers - Start saving now
- SoCalGas and San Diego Gas & Electric (SDG&E) customers - Start saving now
- SoCalGas and Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) customers - Start saving now
- SoCalGas and a municipal electric provider customers -Start saving now
Assistance Programs for Income-Qualified Customers
Some income-qualified customers may be eligible for the Energy Savings Assistance program and/or a 20% bill discount under the California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE) program.
Information for Contractors
Are you interested in becoming an Energy Upgrade California participating contractor?
1 Monthly bill reduction assumes average usage and conditions. Actual savings may vary.
Required savings reduction will be based on a comparison of prior energy/thermal usage and energy/thermal usage following completion of program measures.
Pre and post inspections may be required to qualify for the incentives. Program is subject to change or cancellation without prior notice.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by Southern California Gas Company under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Southern California Gas Company is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer.