Reduce, Recycle, Reuse and Rebate
- Conduct a self-audit of your facility by using the online, do-it-yourself, Ways to Save tools.
- Take advantage of available utility rebates and purchase energy-efficient and ENERGY STAR®-labeled equipment.
- Attend educational and technical seminars to learn about the latest in energy-saving technology.
- Ensure proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment to keep it running safely and at peak efficiency.
- Use our No-Cost Energy Operational Tips to Save Energy and Money chart to train your employees on energy-saving policies and procedures. Charts are available in English and Spanish.
- Turn off exhaust hoods and interior and exterior lights when not in use.
- Heat water only to the temperature required for specific tasks in your operation. Typically, this means either 110°F or 140°F for low-temp dish machines.
- Fix water leaks to save water and money.
- Install pipe insulation when possible and take advantage of our rebates.
10. Go paperless! Sign-up for My Account to receive, pay and manage your bill online.
Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®) offers a variety of energy-efficiency programs and services designed to help businesses save time, money and energy. We offer incentives that could save qualifying businesses more than $2 million per customer, per year. For more energy-saving tips and information, contact our Food Service Equipment Center at 1-800-427-6584 and press 3 for more information.