Overview of the Energy Savings Assistance Program
Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas) offers no-cost energy-saving home improvements and furnace repair or replacement services for qualified limited-income renters and homeowners.
|Available Energy-Saving Services May Include:|
|Attic insulation||Pipe insulation|
|Door weather-stripping||Faucet aerators|
|Caulking||Minor repairs to exterior doors and/or windows|
|Low flow shower heads and faucet aerators||Energy Education|
|Water heater blankets||Furnace and water heater repair or replacement (owner-occupied only)|
|Evaporative cooler covers and A/C covers||High-efficiency clothes washers and more.|
If you already know about Energy Savings Assistance Program requirements and would like a program representative to contact you, please fill out the online form:
Request Energy Savings Assistance Program information or call 1-800-331-7593.
There Are Two Ways To Qualify
If you or another person in your household receives benefits from any of these programs:
- Healthy Families Categories A & B
- Women, Infants, and Children Program (WIC)
- Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) or Tribal TANF
- Food Stamps/SNAP
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA GA)
- Head Start Income Eligible - Tribal Only
Total income for all persons in your household meets the following income guidelines:
|Number of persons in household||1 or 2||3||4||5||6|
|Total yearly household income no more than*||$31,300||$36,800||$44,400||$52,000||$59,600|
|For each additional person in your household add $7,600.|
These income guidelines are effective June 1, 2010 thru May 31, 2011.
* ALL income–taxable and non-taxable–including but not limited to child support, spousal support, disability or veteran’s benefits, rental income, Social Security, pensions and all social welfare programs before any deductions are made.
If you are recently unemployed, your household income will be calculated from the date of your unemployment. All other provisions on determining income, described above, still apply.
For more information
If you are a homeowner or renter
Currently we are not accepting inquiries for potential contractor opportunities. If you have already submitted a request, prior to April 24, 2010, you have been included on our distribution list.