Southern California Gas Company (SoCalGas®) has received calls from customers reporting that they have received suspicious emails that appeared to be bills sent by another utility. This is similar to email and phone scams that have been happening recently throughout the country involving several utilities.
If you receive suspicious email requesting information about your account or from an unknown utility, please take the following precautions:
- DO NOT reply to the request
- DO NOT click on any links in the email
- DO NOT open any attachments
- DO NOT provide any personal information
- DO permanently delete the email from your computer or inbox
Customers with concerns about the legitimacy of an email or call are encouraged to call SoCalGas at 1-877-238-0092.