Updated as of March 26, 2020
As the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation continues to develop, we are doing everything we can to enhance the safety and wellbeing of our customers and employees. We are also committed to providing safe and reliable service and we do not anticipate any service disruptions at this time.
SoCalGas is closely monitoring the situation with local, state and federal health agencies, as well as monitoring and reinforcing guidance from the Center for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC)
Our internal teams are taking a number of precautionary measures to mitigate exposure to the virus and we are regularly communicating with our employees.
We understand that timely and accurate information is important, and we will provide updates on an ongoing basis.
What to Expect for your Natural Gas Service
- Rest assured, your natural gas service will still be there for you.
- We are committed to providing safe and reliable natural gas service to our customers.
- We are making some temporary changes to some of our customer service operations, consistent with guidance from public health officials.
- We will continue to make essential and emergency service appointments, including reports of suspected natural gas leaks, carbon monoxide checks, gas meter turn-ons, natural gas outage and pilot re-lights.
- For now, some appliance check-ups and non-essential service calls - things like inoperative pool heaters, barbecues, and fire pits are being suspended.
- During emergency service visits, SoCalGas technicians may ask homeowners to move to another room to maintain a 6-foot distance, per CDC guidelines.
Bill Payment Options & Services During COVID-19
Where and How to Make a Payment
Beginning Monday Mar. 23, 2020 SoCalGas branch payment offices will also be closed to the public. Some Authorized Payment Locations may close or provide intermittent service. But, don’t worry. There are many other ways to pay your bill. They include:
- Drop off payment at depository boxes at our existing branch offices (include bill stub or account number with payment).
- At any one of our Authorized Payment Locations www.socalgas.com/pay-bill/ways-to-pay/payment-locations
- Online at www.socalgas.com/pay-bill
- By phone, to pay by credit, debit card or e-check, call 1-800-427-2200
- By mail, send bill stub with check or money order to:
PO Box C
Monterey Park, CA 91756-0000
What we are Doing to Help Customers
- As a reminder, we also suspended service disconnections until further notice. This means no customer will have their natural gas turned off due to non-payment.
- We are committed to helping customers experiencing hardships, including from COVID-19.
- If your household income has recently changed, you may now qualify for 20% off your natural gas bill with CARE. Apply online today!
- If you are currently on CARE, you will not be required to recertify.*
- Customer service representatives continue to be available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions, help you select a payment option, or determine if the service your calling about needs our attention right away. If in need of assistance, we encourage customers to call us at 1-800-427-2200.
- For our Small Business Customers, we are waiving late payment fees.
*As of March 4, 2020 all CARE customers will remain on the program for the duration of the state of emergency, unless further extended by SoCalGas or the Commission.
SoCalGas is aware that scammers are taking advantage of the COVID-19 outbreak to send phishing emails, texts and social media posts. Please note that SoCalGas has suspended service disconnections to customers who have a hard time paying their bills and does NOT call to demand payment. Please be on the lookout for scams asking for personal information or selling phony products and never click on malicious links or attachments. For the most up-to-date facts, visit the CDC or WHO.