Updated as of July 24, 2020
We understand this is a challenging time for us all. Rest assured, your natural gas service will still be there for you.
Under the Governor’s recent Executive Order, members of the critical infrastructure sector, including natural gas providers, are considered necessary to the security, economic security, public health and safety of California.
Safety is critically important to us, and we have taken numerous measures to protect our workforce and the public. These measures include social distancing, the use of face coverings when safe to do so, COVID-19 job site safety oversight monitors, enhanced personal hygiene practices, facility and vehicle cleanings, and quarantine protocols.
What to Expect for your Natural Gas Service
- We are committed to providing safe and reliable natural gas service to our customers.
- We are making some temporary changes to some of our customer service operations, consistent with guidance from public health officials.
- We will continue essential and emergency service appointments, including reports of suspected natural gas leaks, carbon monoxide checks, gas meter turn-ons, natural gas outage and pilot relights.
- Effective June 1, 2020, appointments that assess whether customers need to upsize their natural gas meter to accommodate an increase in natural gas usage will resume.
- For now, some appliance check-ups and non-essential service calls - things like inoperative pool heaters, barbecues, and fire pits are being suspended.
- During emergency service visits, SoCalGas technicians may ask homeowners to move to another room to maintain a 6-foot distance, per CDC guidelines.
What we are Doing to Help Customers
- Service disconnections have been suspended until further notice. This means no residential or small business customer using less than 10,000 therms per year will have their natural gas turned off due to non-payment.
- We are committed to helping customers experiencing hardships, including from COVID-19.
- If your household income has recently changed, you may now qualify for 20% off your natural gas bill with CARE. Apply online today!
- If you are currently on CARE, you will not be required to recertify.*
- Customer service representatives continue to be available 24-hours a day, 7 days a week to answer your questions, help you select a payment option, or determine if the service your calling about needs our attention right away. If in need of assistance, we encourage customers to call us at 1-800-427-2200.
- For our Small Business Customers using less than 10,000 therms a year, we are waiving late payment fees.
*As of March 4, 2020 all CARE customers will remain on the program for the duration of the state of emergency, unless further extended by SoCalGas or the Commission.
Bill Payment Options & Services During COVID-19
Where and How to Make a Payment
Beginning Monday Mar. 23, 2020 SoCalGas branch payment offices will also be closed to the public. Some Authorized Payment Locations may close or provide intermittent service. But, don’t worry. There are many other ways to pay your bill. They include:
- Drop off payment at depository boxes at our existing branch offices (include bill stub or account number with payment).
- At any one of our Authorized Payment Locations www.socalgas.com/pay-bill/ways-to-pay/payment-locations
- Online at www.socalgas.com/pay-bill
- By phone, to pay by credit, debit card or e-check, call 1-800-427-2200
- By mail, send bill stub with check or money order to:
PO Box C
Monterey Park, CA 91756-0000
SoCalGas is aware that scammers are taking advantage of the COVID-19 outbreak to send phishing emails, texts and social media posts. Please note that SoCalGas has suspended service disconnections to customers who have a hard time paying their bills and does NOT call to demand payment. Please be on the lookout for scams asking for personal information or selling phony products and never click on malicious links or attachments. For the most up-to-date facts, visit the CDC or WHO.