Food Service Equipment Rebates
As a part of our commitment to excellent service, SoCalGas offers rebates on new, qualifying, natural gas-fired foodservice equipment through both a mail-in rebate program called Energy Efficiency Rebates for Business (EERB) and a point-of-sale rebate program called Instant Rebates!
Our rebates can help you reduce the initial cost of your equipment, as well as potentially reduce your operating costs.
Rebates are available on the following types of equipment.
|Equipment Type||Rebate / Unit|
|Combination Oven: < 15 Pans||$1,100 / oven|
|Combination Oven: 16-28 Pans||$1,450 / oven|
|Combination Oven: > 29 Pans||$2,400 / oven|
|Commercial Conveyor Broiler1 <22"||SCE/SoCalGas Customers $2,000
SoCalGas Customers Only $1,260
|Commercial Conveyor Broiler1 22-28"||SCE/SoCalGas Customers $2,500
SoCalGas Customers Only $1,900
|Commercial Conveyor Broiler1 >28"||SCE/SoCalGas Customers $3,000
SoCalGas Customers Only $1,740
|Commercial Dishwasher1||SCE/SoCalGas Customers $600
SoCalGas Customers Only $250
|Commercial Fryer||$749 / vat|
|Commercial Griddle||$100 / sq. ft.|
|Commercial Rack Oven||$2,000 / oven|
|Convection Oven||$500 / oven|
|Large Conveyor Oven||$750 / oven|
|Pressureless Steamer||$2,500 / compartment
|Storage/Tankless Commercial Water Heaters||$1.00 - $5 Mbtuh (Through distributors only)|
How to Receive Rebates
- Purchase and install new, efficient natural gas-fired equipment.
- Download and complete the EERB Guide and Application (PDF), or complete the EERB Online Application.
- Refer to Customer Check List for required documents to attach to the application
- For downloaded applications, mail, fax, or email the application package to:
- SoCalGas, Attn: C/I Energy-Efficiency Rebates for Business,
BOX 513249 ML 19A8, Los Angeles, CA 90051
- Fax: 323-518-2368 Attn: Business Rebates
- Email: EERebatesforBusiness@socalgas.com
Basic Equipment Requirements
Equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements.
- Qualified equipment must be purchased and installed between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018.
- Cooking equipment and pipe insulation do not need to replace old equipment. However, all other equipment listed must replace older equipment.
- All required efficiencies must exceed Title 20 and 24 standards.
- All eligible cooking equipment is listed at the Food Service Technology Center's website at caenergywise.com.*
- All other equipment can be found on the California Energy Commission website .
Tax Notice for Applicants
The following clarification on IRS tax reporting has been made to all rebate/incentive applications:
Rebates are taxable if greater than $600 for business customers, and will be reported to the IRS unless you have identified yourself as a corporation or exempt.
SoCalGas® will report your rebate as income to you on IRS Form 1099. You are urged to consult your tax advisor concerning the taxability of rebates. SoCalGas is not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed on your business as a result of receipt of this rebate.
For customers who have authorized a payment release to a third party, SoCalGas will report the payment made to the third party on IRS Form 1099 as "Other Income" unless the check received is less than $600, or the payee is identified as a corporation or exempt.
1Only the SoCalGas Customer rebates are offered through the point of sale rebate program.
2 To qualify for a rebate, all purchase invoices or receipts must be dated between January 1, 2018 and December 31, 2018. All rebate items must be purchased and installed prior to submitting an application for a rebate.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. To be eligible, apply by January 31, 2019. SoCalGas is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. To qualify, equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements. If you have questions, call your account representative, visit socalgas.com or call 1-800-508-2348 to reserve and confirm eligibility before purchasing products.