Rates and Regulatory
Southern California Gas Company is regulated directly or indirectly by a broad range of regulatory and legislative bodies including:
- California Public Utilities Commission* (CPUC). Responsible for regulating privately-held utilities that serve California customers.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission* (FERC). FERC regulates interstate gas pipeline companies.
- California Environmental Protection Agency Air Resources Board* (ARB)
- California Energy Commission*
- Federal, State and Local Regulatory and Legislative Bodies. Extensive federal, state and local regulation and legislation cover the areas of air quality,* gas equipment efficiency standards, construction permit and licensing requirements, construction site regulations and internal and external safety regulations.