Food Service Equipment Rebates
As part of our commitment to excellent service, we offer Energy-efficiency Rebates for Business (EERB) on new natural gas-fired cooking equipment and other appliances, for the purpose of replacing inefficient natural gas-fired equipment with more efficient models.
Our rebates can help you reduce the initial cost of your equipment, as well as potentially reduce your operating costs.
Rebates are available on the following types of equipment.
|Equipment Type||Rebate / Unit|
|Combination Oven: < 15 Pans||$1,100 / oven|
|Combination Oven: 16-28 Pans||$1,450 / oven|
|Combination Oven: > 29 Pans||$2,400 / oven|
|Commercial Fryer||$749 / vat|
|Commercial Griddle||$100 / sq. ft.|
|Convection Oven||$500 / oven|
|Double-rack Oven||$2,000 / oven|
|Large Conveyor Oven||$750 / oven|
$2,500 / unit
Basic Equipment Requirements
Equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements.
- Qualified equipment must be purchased and installed between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2016.
- Cook equipment and pipe insulation does not need to replace old equipment. However, all other equipment listed must replace older equipment.
- All required efficiencies must exceed Title 20 and 24 standards.
- All eligible cooking equipment is listed at the Food Service Technology Center's website at fishnick.com.*
- All other equipment can be found on the California Energy Commission website .
Tax Notice for Applicants
The following clarification on IRS tax reporting has been made to all rebate/incentive applications:
Rebates are taxable if greater than $600 for business customers, and will be reported to the IRS unless you have identified yourself as a corporation or exempt.
SoCalGas® will report your rebate as income to you on IRS Form 1099. You are urged to consult your tax advisor concerning the taxability of rebates. SoCalGas is not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed on your business as a result of receipt of this rebate.
For customers who have authorized a payment release to a third party, SoCalGas will report the payment made to the third party on IRS Form 1099 as "Other Income" unless the check received is less than $600, or the payee is identified as a corporation or exempt.
How to Apply
- Purchase and install new, efficient natural gas-fired equipment.
- Download and complete the EERB Guide and Application (PDF)
- Mail, fax, or email the application package to:
- SoCalGas, Attn: C/I Energy-Efficiency Rebates for Business,
BOX 513249 ML 19A8, Los Angeles, CA 90051
- Fax: 323-518-2368 Attn: Business Rebates
- Email: EERebatesforBusiness@socalgas.com
1 To qualify for a rebate, all purchase invoices or receipts must be dated between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2016. All rebate items must be purchased and installed prior to submitting an application for a rebate. Qualifying rebate applications must be postmarked no later than March 31, 2017 to be eligible.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Eligibility requirements apply. SoCalGas is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. To qualify, equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements. If you have questions, call your account representative, visit socalgas.com or call 1-800-508-2348 to reserve and confirm eligibility before purchasing products.