We offer a variety of energy-efficiency rebates designed to help your foodservice facility save money and energy when planning to purchase qualifying equipment. Additionally, you can receive instant rebates on qualifying equipment at the register. No application submission is needed. See our selected implementers for foodservice equipment details at caenergywise.com/instant-rebates/*, and for water heating products visit statewide-waterheating.com/*.
Did you know financing options are available for energy efficiency upgrades? Learn More
|Equipment Type||Rebate / Unit|
|Combination Oven||$1,500 - $3,000/oven|
|Commercial Conveyor Broiler1||$2,000 - $4,000/unit|
|Commercial Fryer||$900 - $1,400/vat|
|Commercial Griddle||$200/linear ft.|
|Commercial Rack Oven||$2,000 - $2,500/oven|
|Commercial Underfired Broiler||$650/linear ft.|
|Conveyor Oven||$1,400/oven deck|
|Storage Commercial Water Heaters||$2 - $8/kBtuh|
|Tankless Commercial Water Heaters||$3.20 - $8/kBtuh|
How to Apply for Rebates
- Purchase and install new, efficient natural gas-fired equipment.
- Download and complete the current Energy-Efficiency Rebates for Business Guide and Application (PDF).
- Refer to Customer Check List for required documents to attach to the application. You can also complete our online application.
- For downloaded applications Mail, fax, or email the application package to:
Basic Equipment Requirements
Equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements.
- You must be an eligible SoCalGas customer and have installed the indicated energy-saving products in 2021 for use in my business facility and not for resale or otherwise. Additionally, the purchased date and installation date must fall within the same calendar year. You must attach documents establishing paid proof of purchase for the items applied for on the rebate form. Incomplete and incorrect applications will not be processed.
- All required efficiencies must exceed Title 20 and 24 standards.
- All eligible cooking equipment is listed at the Food Service Technology Center's website at caenergywise.com*.
- All other equipment can be found on the California Energy Commission website*.
Tax Notice for Applicants
The following clarification on IRS tax reporting has been made to all rebate/incentive applications:
Rebates are taxable if greater than $600 for business customers, and will be reported to the IRS unless you have identified yourself as a corporation or exempt.
SoCalGas® will report your rebate as income to you on IRS Form 1099. You are urged to consult your tax advisor concerning the taxability of rebates. SoCalGas is not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed on your business as a result of receipt of this rebate.
For customers who have authorized a payment release to a third party, SoCalGas will report the payment made to the third party on IRS Form 1099 as "Other Income" unless the check received is less than $600, or the payee is identified as a corporation or exempt.
1Only the SoCalGas Customer rebates are offered through the point of sale rebate program.
2 To qualify for a rebate, all purchase invoices or receipts must be dated between January 1, 2021 and December 31, 2021. All rebate items must be purchased and installed prior to submitting an application for a rebate.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. To be eligible, apply by January 31, 2022. SoCalGas is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. To qualify, equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements. If you have questions, call your account representative, visit socalgas.com or call 1-800-508-2348 to reserve and confirm eligibility before purchasing products.