The program offers energy consultation and assessment to multifamily property owners and managers. Learn how to improve tenant comfort, reduce energy use and secure your investment for the future.
SoCalGas energy efficiency experts are available to provide full terms and conditions and program requirements. For step-by-step guidance on how to maximize your rebates through whole-building upgrades, contact our team today by calling us at 213-231-5856 or emailing us.
How the Program Works
1. Apply for the program
Submit this application form to convey interest in participating in this program and complete a Notice to Proceed (NTP) which allows a program personnel to visit the property.
2. Identify energy efficiency opportunities
A Technical Assistant (TA) is provided to help assess property energy performance, upcoming projects, operation/ maintenance issues, high-potential properties, and potential upgrade opportunities.
3. Conduct property energy assessment
The TA schedules an in-depth evaluation of building energy systems with a no-cost virtual audit to identify potential energy-efficient upgrades and conducts an analysis to determine potential utility incentives available. In addition, the TA helps select a scope of work that meets both the program requirements and project goals.
4. Reserve your energy efficiency incentive
The property owner or property manager signs an incentive reservation letter and then the program funds are reserved for the project.
5. Conduct property retrofit and install energy efficiency equipment
Select a qualified, licensed contractor to perform installations. The TA is available to assist the property owner or manager throughout this process.
6. Project completion
The TA performs a final site verification of installed equipment. Then collects the required project close- out documents per program guidelines and submits the package to SoCalGas for final review after which the incentive is disbursed.
Natural Gas Incentives For All Customers
The program will implement maximum incentive levels based on the type of property.
- Market Rate Projects can be incentivized up to 50% of total project cost. Market Rate is defined as any property that is not affordable.
- Affordable Projects can be incentivized up to 65% project cost. To qualify for the Affordable Incentive Path, a project must be classified as a Disadvantaged Community (DAC) or Hard to Reach (HTR). To determine if a property qualifies as either DAC or HTR, please contact program support staff listed below. Additionally, projects that meet the Energy Savings Assistance program (ESA) guidelines are also eligible for the Affordable Incentive path. Please contact program staff below to determine eligibility.
Please note the total project incentive will be based on either: the tiered incentive structure determined by number of dwelling units at the property OR the maximum incentive level permitted, whichever is lower.
Program Eligibility Requirements
- Natural gas service must be provided by SoCalGas.
- Property must be existing construction. New construction projects are not eligible.
- Both market-rate and affordable housing properties are eligible.
- Property must have three or more dwelling units.
- Eligible properties are served on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Must use licensed contractor, as appropriate to install program measures.
- Must commit and show proof of financial ability to see the project to completion.
- Upgrades must be started in 2022 and the completion date must be approved by SoCalGas.
- May only begin work after confirmation of reservation approval is received from SoCalGas.
- Must undertake a minimum of three products in order to be eligible (including at least one Core Product).
- The property owner or property manager (as an authorized agent for the property owner) must provide proof of finalized permits when required.
- SoCalGas may conduct a project inspection (in-person or virtually) to verify the energy efficiency product installation prior to an incentive payment.
- You may not receive an incentive for the same product or replacement of a product from more than one California Investor-Owned Utility participating in this program or other third-party programs offering rebates, financing, and other incentives, funded by the California Public Utilities Commission. An owner cannot receive an incentive for any product for which they received an incentive or rebate from SoCalGas in the prior five years.
Energy Efficiency Incentives
The incentive amount corresponds to the level of energy efficiency achieved
|Natural Gas Savings*||Incentive Per Dwelling Unit**|