If you own or operate a commercial building at least 25,000 square feet in size, and you're a customer of SoCalGas® and Southern California Edison Company (SCE), you could receive an incentive check for reducing your building’s energy use through retrocommissioning.
What is Retrocommissioning?
Retrocommissioning is a systematic process that involves:
- Investigating your building’s energy-related operations
- Optimizing the operations of existing energy-related equipment and controls
- Taking advantage of opportunities to reduce energy bills, improve occupant comfort and extend the life of your building’s systems
How to Participate
- Work with a provider of RCx services to investigate your building’s energy systems and make energy-efficiency recommendations.
- Implement low-cost or no-cost energy-efficiency improvements.
- Create an ENERGY STAR® Portfolio Manager account to benchmark your building and request automatic updates on this account through our Automated Benchmarking Service.
- Enjoy the energy savings and other benefits—including an incentive check!
Incentive Types, Amounts and Payment
We offer two types of incentives for RCx projects:
- Implementation Incentive for the installation of qualifying RCx measures. Incentive amounts are paid based on final, approved energy savings, typically $0.08 per kWh, $150 per kW and $1 per therm. (Therm incentives are available only to SCE customers that are also SoCalGas customers.) Implementation incentives are capped at 50 percent of the total project implementation cost.
- Kicker Incentive when you complete specific post-project implementation follow-up tasks. You can earn an additional $0.055 per kWh that is not subject to the 50 percent implementation cost cap.
All incentives are paid after the measures are installed and we approve energy savings calculations.
- At least 25,000 square feet of your building must be conditioned with energy coming from SoCalGas or SCE.
- You must be paying the Public Purpose Program Surcharge on your utility bill.
- The mechanical equipment supporting your HVAC system must be in relatively good condition.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas® under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Energy improvements completed under this program are made by third-party providers contracted by SoCalGas. Program funds, including any funds utilized for rebates or incentives, will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until such funds are no longer available. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. The selection, purchase, and ownership of goods and/or services are the sole responsibility of customer. SoCalGas makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, of goods or services selected by customer. Customers who choose to participate in this program are not obligated to purchase any additional goods or services offered by contractor or any other third party. SoCalGas does not endorse, qualify, or guarantee the work of any contractor or other third party. Eligibility requirements apply; see the program conditions for details.
ENERGY STAR is a registered trademark of the U.S Environmental Protection Agency.