Step 1 Select a Technology
- Decide what type of technology best suits your needs.
- Consider how you'll be financing the project.
Step 2 Understand SGIP Eligibility
- Download the 2016 Handbook and Forms .
Step 3 Reservation Request
- Complete the 2016 Reservation Request Form (RRF)* online.
- Submit your signed RRF and required documentation online.
- Submit Application Fee equal to 1% of the requested incentive and mail to:
P. O. Box 2007, ML 711D
Monterey Park, CA 91754-0957
If approved, you'll receive a reservation letter and next step instructions.
Step 4 Proof of Project (Execute Contract)
- Submit Proof of Project Milestone* (PPM) online and required documentation or
- Public entity host customer, provide an executed contract or RFP within 60 days and remaining PPM documentation must be submitted within 240 days.
If approved, you will receive a confirmed reservation letter with next step instructions.
Step 5 Install
- Install and commission the system.
- Interconnect to the grid.
Investor Owned Utility
Municipality Owned Utility
Alternative Site for Interconnection
Step 6 Incentive Claim (Payment)
- Submit Incentive Claim Form* online and required documentation for payment.
- Systems 30 kW and larger will receive 50 percent upon project completion and 50 percent Performance Based Incentive (PBI) over five years.
How to Submit Documentation
All required documentation must be submitted via database.
Self-Generation Incentive Program
555 West Fifth Street, GT-20B8
Los Angeles, CA 90013-1011
To ensure confirmation of receipt, submit documentation by certified or overnight mail. No faxed or hand-delivered applications will be accepted.