The LA Kings/Reign Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Sweepstakes may only be entered in or from the fifty (50) United States (U.S.) or the District of Columbia (D.C.), and entries originating from any other or excluded jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. This Sweepstakes is governed exclusively by the laws of the U.S. You are not authorized to participate in the Sweepstakes if you are not located within the applicable U.S. states or D.C.
1. Eligibility: Participation open only to legal residents of California who are at least the age of majority as of date of entry, and under age entrants or those entries originating from any other or excluded jurisdiction are not eligible for entry. Void outside of the fifty (50) U.S. or D.C., and where prohibited, taxed or restricted by law. Employees, officers and directors of Southern California Gas Company (“Sponsor”) and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of sweepstakes materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Official Rules.
2. Start/End Dates: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00AM Pacific Time on October 5, 2021, and ends at 11:59PM Pacific Time on April 25, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”).
3. How to Enter: To enter the LA Kings/Reign Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) during the Sweepstakes Period, to make a qualifying entry you must do the following: Visit www.socalgas.com/kings and complete the online entry form during the Sweepstakes Period with your name, address, phone number and related information (an “Entry”).
To enter during the Sweepstakes without completing the online form (as described above), hand-print your name, mailing address including city, state, and ZIP code, email address, and Sweepstakes name on a 3.5" x 5" card, and mail, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Southern California Gas Company, GT20B2 – LA Kings/Reign Sweepstakes, 555 West 5th St, Los Angeles, CA 90013 (also an “Entry”). Eligible entrants may make multiple Entries per envelope up to the overall limit of total Entries. Mail-in Entries must be postmarked by the end date as noted in Section 2, and received by the drawing date as noted in Section 4 to be valid. For each qualifying mail-in Entry you make, you will receive one (1) Entry into the Sweepstakes. Mail-in Entries will not be returned.
To remain eligible for a chance to win, you must meet the conditions for a qualifying Entry at the time a potential winner is selected and Sponsor must be able to contact you.
Sponsor is not responsible for (1) lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, postage due, late delivered, technically corrupted or garbled Entries, comments, posts, or messages, which will be disqualified; or (2) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet or mobile users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries and/or in connection with an Entry. Only fully completed Entries are eligible. Proof of Entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
LIMIT: Maximum one (1) Entry(ies) per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of Entries by using multiple/different accounts, profiles, phone numbers, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all that entrant’s Entries, and that entrant may be disqualified. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted.
4. Odds/Drawing: Odds of winning a prize will vary based on participation and will be determined by random drawing from among all eligible Entries received and conducted on approximately May 10, 2022. Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
5. Prize(s): There are one (1) total winner(s)/prize(s). The winner will receive (1) Ontario Reign team autographed jersey that will be mailed by an LA Kings representative. (Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $750). Total ARV of all prizes combined: $750.
LIMIT: Maximum one (1) prize(s) per person.
Prize(s) is/are non-transferable and, if applicable, not redeemable on prior purchases. No prize substitutions or cash redemptions. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value. ANY AND ALL FEDERAL, STATE, AND LOCAL TAXES, AND ALL UNSPECIFIED EXPENSES ARE THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF WINNER. Winner may be issued an IRS 1099 form for prizes over $600.00. ARV is as of date of printing of these Official Rules. The difference in value of a prize as stated herein and the value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded.
6. Notification: Potential winner(s) will be notified by e-mail or telephone at the e-mail address or telephone number provided on the Entry.
If applicable, potential winner must provide Sponsor with required information to fulfill the prize (e.g. email address, mailing address, W9, etc.). All potential winner notifications are subject to verification, regardless of the message received. If any potential winner rejects the prize, cannot be contacted within three (3) calendar days, fails to provide required information to fulfill the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, potential winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible Entries. If applicable, there will be one (1) alternate drawing per prize, after which the prize will remain unawarded if not fulfilled. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Decisions of Sponsor regarding Prize eligibility and determination are final. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor. IN ORDER TO RECEIVE A PRIZE, THE WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY RELEASE AND/OR PUBLICITY RELEASE (UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW).
7. Conditions: Participation in Sweepstakes constitutes each entrant’s permission for Sponsor to use his/her Entry, name, address (city and state), likeness, photograph, picture, portrait, voice, biographical information, and/or any other information provided by entrant for advertising and promotion purposes without notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law. By participating, entrants, winner(s) agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, and if applicable, any Social Media sites where the Sweepstakes may be found (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if a prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase does not increase odds of winning.
8. Additional Terms: In the event more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right, as applicable, to award the stated number of prizes in a random drawing from among all valid prize claims received. In no event will Sponsor be liable, including but not limited to malfunction in the technical operation of the Sweepstakes and the award of prizes, for more than the stated number of prizes listed in these Official Rules.
In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, Entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the email address submitted at time of entry or the Social Media account used to enter the Sweepstakes (as applicable). “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address or, if applicable, Social Media account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Social Media site, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address or the domain associated with the email address used to register the Social Media account associated with the Entry. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address or Social Media account associated with the winning Entry. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner(s) from all eligible Entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning a prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor representatives. Failure to enforce any aspect of the Official Rules against any particular Entry, Entrant, Potential Winner, or Winner is not a waiver of enforcing the Official Rules against others.
THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM/ENTITY ON WHICH IT MAY APPEAR, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, FACEBOOK, TWITTER, INSTAGRAM, SNAPCHAT (SNAP INC.), PINTEREST, ETC. (COLLECTIVELY, “SOCIAL MEDIA”).
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
9. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties: IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF YOUR ACCESS TO AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE SWEEPSTAKES, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES. IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO YOU FOR ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS SWEEPSTAKES AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
10. Disputes; Governing Law: The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the City of Los Angeles in the State of California.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in or closest to City of Los Angeles in the State of California. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
12. List of Winner(s): To obtain a list of winner(s), send a written request naming this Sweepstakes in a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope with return postage affixed by May 31, 2022 at the following address: SoCalGas LA Kings Contest at 555 N 5th Street, GT20B2, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
13. Sponsor: Southern California Gas Company, 555 West 5th Street, Los Angeles, California 90013.