The SoCalGas® Safety Dance Sweepstakes Official Rules (“Official Rules”)
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
Southern California Gas Company (“Sponsor”) is sponsoring the SoCalGas Safety Dance for Customers sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”), which is governed by these Official Rules.
OBJECT OF CONTEST: The object of the Sweepstakes is to enter into and participate by completing the entry form and submitting a short Safety Video (as defined below) of entrant showing SoCalGas customer commitment to “calling 811 before you Dig!” and to the other entry requirements contained herein (referred to herein as an “entry” or words of similar import).
1. Eligibility. Participation in the Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the State of California who are customers of Sponsor, including their immediate members of their household, as of the Sweepstakes start date and who are at least eighteen (18) years old as of date of entry. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, advertising and promotion agencies, manufacturers or distributors of contest materials and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to enter this Sweepstakes.
2. Start/End Dates. The Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 AM (Pacific Time) on October 24, 2022, and ends at 11:59 PM (Pacific Time) on November 6, 2022 (the “Sweepstakes Period”). Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes. It is each entrant’s responsibility to ensure timely submission of entries. No submissions will be accepted after the deadline for any reason.
3. How to Enter. During the Sweepstakes Period, there is only one (1) way to enter: Online, by accessing the online Sweepstakes entry form located at: socalgas.com/SafetyDance. Please follow the instructions on the screen, including by identifying the Sweepstakes entrant is entering by name, by acknowledging entrant’s acceptance to be bound by these Official Rules, and by creating, and linking to, entrant’s safety dance video (a “Safety Video”) on entrant’s chosen social media platform (e.g., YouTube, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat (Snap Inc.), Pinterest, Etc.) (“Social Media”). It is generally free to create a Social Media profile, but creating an account is subject to its terms. Your profile settings must be set to “unprotected” and/or “public” in order for your posts to be viewable by Sponsor and its agents. Sweepstakes Safety Videos shall be up to 60 seconds long and shall incorporate the other information (e.g., lyrics, song, etc.) set forth in the contest entry form. Entrant must complete all required information in order to be eligible. Notwithstanding the foregoing, to enter the Sweepstakes without creating (or linking to) a Safety Video, complete the online Sweepstakes entry form as described above (other than the Safety Video) and hand-print your name, mailing address including city, state, and zip code, email address, and Sweepstakes name on a 3.5" x 5" card, and mail, in a #10 envelope with postage affixed, to: Southern California Gas Company, GT20B2 – The SoCalGas Safety Dance Sweepstakes, 555 West 5th St, Los Angeles, CA 90013. Mail-in Entries must be postmarked by the end date as noted in Section 2, and received by the drawing date as noted in Section 6 to be valid. Maximum one (1) Entry per person throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Mail-in Entries will not be returned.
By submitting your completed entry form and all other requested information as directed, you will receive one (1) entry in the Sweepstakes. Entrants must fully complete and submit all non-optional data requested to be eligible. Incomplete entries are void.
To remain eligible for a chance to win, an entrant must meet the conditions for a qualifying entry at the time a potential winner is selected and Sponsor must be able to contact such potential winner.
Sponsor is not responsible for (1) lost, late, illegible, stolen, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, misdirected, postage due, late delivered, technically corrupted or garbled entries, comments, posts, or messages, which will be disqualified; or (2) incorrect or inaccurate entry information whether caused by Internet or mobile users or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes, or by any technical or human error which may occur in the processing of entries and/or in connection with an entry. Only fully completed entries are eligible. Proof of entry submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor.
4. Limit. Maximum one (1) entry per person, per household throughout the Sweepstakes Period, regardless of method of entry. Only the specific, individual Authorized Account Holder (as defined below) who submits the entry shall be eligible, regardless of the number of persons included therein. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different accounts, profiles, phone numbers, email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all that entrant’s entries, and that entrant may be disqualified at the discretion of Sponsor. No automated entry devices and/or programs permitted. In case of multiple entries received from the same person, per household, only the first entry received from such person, per household, will be considered.
5. Prize and Winner. There is one (1) prize awarded to (or on behalf of) the winner of the Sweepstakes (maximum one (1) prize per person, per household), to be awarded as follows:
The winner of the Sweepstakes will receive one (1) Visa Gift Card in an amount equal to EIGHT HUNDRED ELEVEN DOLLARS AND NO CENTS ($811.00). Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”) is $811.
The winner is fully responsible for any and all applicable federal, state, and local taxes (including income and withholding taxes) related to receipt and use of the prize won. No prize will be grossed up for taxes. All costs and expenses associated with prize acceptance or any other expenses of a personal nature are the sole responsibility of the winner. All prize details are at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Winner may be issued an IRS 1099 form for prizes over $600.00. ARV is as of date of publication of these Official Rules. The difference in value of a prize as stated herein and the value at time of prize notification, if any, will not be awarded.
The prize is non-transferable and non-assignable, with no cash redemptions or substitutions except at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. In the case of unavailability of any prize, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute another prize of equal or greater value.
By accepting the prize, the winner grants to Sponsor and its designees the right to publicize such winner’s name, address (city and state of residence), photograph, voice and/or other likeness and prize information in any and all media now known or hereafter devised, throughout the world, in perpetuity, without additional compensation or consideration, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law. The winner agrees that any group members participating in entrant’s entry shall be required to do the same.
6. Odds/Drawing. Odds of winning depend, in part, on the total number of eligible entries received and will be determined by a random drawing from among all eligible Entries received and conducted on approximately November 21, 2022. Sponsor’s clock will be the official timekeeper for the Sweepstakes.
7. Limitations, Requirements, Publication and Assignment of Rights to Entries. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, each entrant hereby agrees that (a) the entry must not contain material that violates or infringes another’s rights, including but not limited to privacy, publicity or intellectual property rights, or that constitutes copyright infringement; (b) the entry must be the original work of entrant and must not contain content created by a third party (other than as licensed and provided by Sponsor, if any); (c) the entry must not contain brand names or trademarks other than those owned by Sponsor, which entrant has a limited license to use in entrant’s entry; (d) the entry must not disparage Sponsor or any other person or party (living or deceased); (e) the entry must not contain material that is inappropriate, offensive, indecent, obscene, tortious, defamatory, or libelous; (f) the entry must not contain material that promotes bigotry, racism, hatred or harm against any group or individual or promotes discrimination based on race, gender, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age; (g) by entering, such entrant warrants and represents that any third party whose person or property appears in the entry has given entrant appropriate written consent (which shall be provided to Sponsor upon request thereof) for such person or property to be filmed, photographed or otherwise used in the entry; (h) by entering, such entrant warrants and represents that any third party whose person appears in the entry who is under the age of majority in entrant’s state of residence, the parent or legal guardian of such person has given entrant appropriate written consent (which shall be provided to Sponsor upon request thereof) for such person to be filmed, photographed or otherwise used in the entry; and (i) the entry must not contain material that is unlawful, in violation of, or contrary to the laws or regulations in any jurisdiction where the entry is created or otherwise contains inappropriate content or objectionable material as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Participation in the Sweepstakes is voluntary. By entering and participating in the Sweepstakes, entrant hereby agrees that it is assigning all right, title, and interest, including copyright rights, in its entry to Sponsor and hereby grants permission for Sponsor, and its designees to publish or publicize all or part of entrant’s entry, including but not limited to entrant’s name, likeness and Safety Video entry, voice, and any other information provided by entrant, in whole or in part, for advertising, promotional and trade or other purposes in conjunction with this and similar promotions in any and all media now known or hereafter developed, worldwide in perpetuity, without notice or permission and without compensation, except where prohibited by law. Each entrant agrees that any group members participating in entrant’s entry shall be required to do the same.
ENTRIES ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE ENTRANT NOT OF SPONSOR.
8. Notification. Potential winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone at the contact information provided on the entry. If applicable, potential winner must provide Sponsor with required information to fulfill the prize (e.g. email address, mailing address, W9, etc.). All potential winner notifications are subject to verification, regardless of the message received. If any potential winner rejects the prize, cannot be contacted within three (3) calendar days, fails to provide required information to fulfill the prize, or is disqualified for any reason, potential winner forfeits the prize and Sponsor may select an alternate potential winner from among all remaining eligible entries. Upon prize forfeiture, no compensation will be given. Decisions of Sponsor regarding Prize eligibility and determination are final. All potential winners are subject to verification by Sponsor. IN ORDER TO RECEIVE THE PRIZE, THE WINNER MAY BE REQUIRED TO SIGN AN AFFIDAVIT OF ELIGIBILITY, LIABILITY RELEASE AND/OR PUBLICITY RELEASE (UNLESS PROHIBITED BY LAW).
9. Conditions. By participating, entrants, including the winner, and any other person included in an entry Safety Video, agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor, its affiliates, partners and promotion and advertising agencies and each of their respective current or future direct or indirect parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors, shareholders and if applicable, any Social Media sites where the Sweepstakes may be found (collectively, the “Released Entities”), from any and all liability, for loss, harm, damage, injury, cost or expense whatsoever including without limitation, property damage, personal injury and/or death which may occur in connection with, preparation for, travel to, or participation in Sweepstakes, or possession, acceptance and/or use or misuse of prize or participation in any Sweepstakes-related activity and for any claims based on publicity rights, defamation or invasion of privacy and merchandise delivery. Sponsor is not responsible if Sweepstakes cannot take place or if the prize cannot be awarded due to travel cancellations, delays or interruptions due to acts of God, acts of war, natural disasters, weather or acts of terrorism. Entrants who do not comply with these Official Rules, or attempt to interfere with this Sweepstakes in any way shall be disqualified. There is no purchase or sales presentation required to participate. A purchase of any of Sponsor’s goods or services does not increase odds of winning.
10. Additional Terms. In the unlikely event more prizes are claimed than are intended to be awarded, Sponsor reserves the right, as applicable, to award the stated number of prizes in a random drawing from among all valid prize claims received. In no event will Sponsor be liable, including but not limited to malfunction in the technical operation of the Sweepstakes and the award of prizes, for more than the stated number of prizes listed in these Official Rules. In case of dispute as to the identity of any entrant, including winner, entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of the applicable email address or Social Media account submitted at time of entry used to enter the Sweepstakes (as applicable). “Authorized Account Holder” is defined as the natural person who is assigned an email address or, if applicable, Social Media account by an Internet access provider, online service provider, Social Media site, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) responsible for assigning email addresses or the domain associated with the submitted email address or the domain associated with the email address used to register the Social Media account associated with the entry and/or Safety Video.
Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address or Social Media account associated with the winning entry. Sponsor reserves the right to modify these Official Rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes. Any other attempted form of entry is prohibited; no automatic, programmed, robotic, or similar means of entry are permitted. The Released Entities are not responsible for technical, hardware, software, telephone or other communications malfunctions, errors or failures of any kind, lost or unavailable network connections, web site, Internet, or ISP availability, unauthorized human intervention, traffic congestion, incomplete or inaccurate capture of entry information (regardless of cause) or failed, incomplete, garbled, jumbled or delayed computer transmissions which may limit one’s ability to enter the Sweepstakes, including any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participating in this Sweepstakes or downloading any materials in this Sweepstakes. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify, extend or suspend this Sweepstakes should (in its sole discretion) virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention, fraud or other causes beyond its control corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes. In such case, Sponsor may select the winner from all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (if appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds, in its sole discretion, to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or web site. Sponsor may prohibit an entrant from participating in the Sweepstakes or winning the prize if, in its sole discretion, it determines that said entrant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes by cheating, hacking, deception, or other unfair playing practices (including the use of automated quick entry programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other entrants or Sponsor’s representatives. Failure to enforce any aspect of the Official Rules against any particular entry, entrant (including any potential winner) is not a waiver of enforcing the Official Rules against others.
THIS CONTEST IS IN NO WAY SPONSORED, ENDORSED, ADMINISTERED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH ANY SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM OR ENTITY ON WHICH IT MAY APPEAR.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY AN ENTRANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEB SITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CONTEST MAY BE A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, THE SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
11. Limitation of Liability; Disclaimer of Warranties. IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED ENTITIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, INJURIES TO OR DEATH OF ANY INDIVIDUAL ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED IN ANY MANNER TO THE ACTIVITIES FOR THE CONTEST, THE DAMAGE TO, LOSS AND/OR DESTRUCTION OF ANY PROPERTY, INCLUDING INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY, ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO THE ACTIVITIES FOR THE CONTEST, INCLUDING THE ENTRANT’S ENTRY OR ENTRAN’S NONCOMPLIANCE WITH THESE OFFICIAL RULES. ENTRANT AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD THE RELEASED ENTITIES HARMLESS FOR, FROM AND AGAINST ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, DAMAGES, AND LIABILITIES ARISING OUT OF OR CONNECTED IN ANY WAY TO THE ACTIVITIES FOR THE CONTEST CAUSED BY OR ASSOCIATED WITH ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST. ENTRANT FURTHER AGREES TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND, AND HOLD HARMLESS THE RELEASED ENTITIES FROM DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO AND/OR PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE CONTEST. IN THE EVENT THAT A DISPUTE ARISES RELATING OR CONNECTED TO ENTRANT’S PARTICIPATION IN THE CONTEST, ENTRANT EXPRESSLY AGREES THAT IN NO EVENT SHALL THE RELEASED ENTITIES’ TOTAL LIABILITY TO ENTRANT OR ANY OTHER PERSON FOR ANY AND ALL DAMAGES, LOSSES, OR CAUSES OF ACTION EXCEED $10. WITHOUT LIMITING THE FOREGOING, THIS CONTEST AND ALL PRIZES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES OR EXCLUSION OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES SO SOME OF THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. CHECK YOUR LOCAL LAWS FOR ANY RESTRICTIONS OR LIMITATIONS REGARDING THESE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS.
12. Disputes; Governing Law. The parties waive all rights to trial in any action or proceeding instituted in connection with these Official Rules, including, without limitation, the Sweepstakes. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes shall be settled by binding arbitration in accordance with the commercial arbitration rules of the American Arbitration Association. Any such controversy or claim shall be arbitrated on an individual basis, and shall not be consolidated in any arbitration with any claim or controversy of any other party. The arbitration shall be conducted in the City of Los Angeles in the State of California.
THESE OFFICIAL RULES AND THE INTERPRETATION OF ITS TERMS SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF CALIFORNIA WITHOUT REGARD TO ITS CONFLICTS OF LAWS RULES. For any matters which are not subject to arbitration as set forth in these Official Rules and/or in connection with the entering of any judgment on an arbitration award in connection with these Official Rules and/or the Sweepstakes, the parties irrevocably submit and consent to the exclusive jurisdiction and venue of the state and federal courts located in the City of Los Angeles in the State of California. The parties agree not to raise the defense of forum non conveniens.
14. List of Winner. To obtain the identification of the winner, send a written request naming this Sweepstakes in a self-addressed, stamped #10 envelope with return postage affixed by December 31, 2022 at the following address: SoCalGas Safety Dance Sweepstakes at 555 N 5th Street, GT20B2, Los Angeles, CA 90013.
15. Sponsor. Southern California Gas Company, 555 West 5th Street, Los Angeles, California 90013.