Apply Today to See if You Qualify
Re-Apply or Recertify
The California LifeLine Program
CARE participants could lower the cost of their phone bills with the California LifeLine Program. Visit www.californialifeline.com to see the types of discounts available and learn how to apply.
Apply By MailMail completed form to:
SoCalGas CARE Program GT19A1
P.O Box 3249
Los Angeles CA 90057 - 1249
More InformationFor more information please call 1-800-427-2200.Telecommunication devices for the speech and hearing impaired TDD/TTY are available at 1-800-252-0259
English and Spanish only.More information available in other languages
Two ways to qualify:
1. Public Assistance ProgramsIf you or another person in your household receives benefits from any of the following programs.
- Medi-Cal for Families A & B
- Women, Infants & Children (WIC)
- CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF
- Head Start Income Eligible - Tribal Only
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- CalFresh (Food Stamps)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
2. Maximum Household Income
Effective June 1, 2021 to May 31, 2022.
Maximum Household Income Household Size Total yearly household income not more than 1-2 $34,840 3 $43,920 4 $53,000 5 $62,080 6 $71,160 7 $80,240 8 $89,320
Each additional Person $9,080
Conditions for Participation
- The natural gas bill must be in your name and the address must be your primary address.
- You must not be claimed as a dependent on another person’s income tax return other than your spouse.
- You must recertify your application when requested.
- You must notify SoCalGas within 30 days if you no longer qualify.
- You may be asked to verify your eligibility for CARE. You can view our CARE Veriﬁcation FAQs here.
- If you are recently unemployed, your household income will be calculated from the date of your unemployment.
If you are operating an agricultural employee housing facility, migrant services and nonprofit migrant farm worker housing centers, or a nonprofit group living facility (homeless shelter, drug rehabilitation center, halfway house, hospice), your facility may be eligible for the CARE program.
Capitation Agency Application
Non-profit and/or community-based organizations can apply to be compensated for assisting SoCalGas with new enrollments in the CARE program.
• Agencies are accepted based on SoCalGas’ geographic needs and the agency’s ability to incorporate the program into their existing services.
• Agencies will be compensated for all approved CARE applications that are submitted to SoCalGas.
• The program will not compensate for ineligible customers, incomplete applications, or customers already enrolled in the CARE program.
Authorized Capitation Agencies
• To submit a completed CARE application, please go to edt.sempra.com, and securely email the completed applications to the program manager or fax it to 818-701-3960.
• Please make sure your 2-character source code is written clearly on the application.
• Please contact the program manager if you would like a Capitation Agency training refresher.
The CARE program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Program funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until such funds are no longer available. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. Eligibility requirements apply; see the program conditions for details.