The Energy Savings Assistance Program for Common Area Measures (CAM) provides energy-efficiency services for eligible multifamily property owners at no cost.
Contact MFCAM@socalgas.com to learn more or get started.
Energy-efficiency services offered by SoCalGas include replacing central boilers and water heaters.
All costs including equipment and labor are covered by the program.
- The property must be deed restricted
- At least 65% of the tenants must meet the Energy Savings Assistance Program’s income guidelines.
- The water heaters and/or central boilers must be at least 10 years old and service five or more units.
- The property must enroll in Benchmarking with ENERGY STAR® through the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Portfolio Manager.
- Enrollment: Contact the SoCalGas Single Point of Contact (SPOC) at MFCAM@socalgas.com. They will confirm your eligibility and have you sign the Multifamily Property Owner Authorization (POA) and affidavit forms. This provides SoCalGas the authority to visit your property and perform the assessment.
- Assessment: SoCalGas will assess your property for all qualifying measures that can be installed.
- Benchmarking: As part of your eligibility for the program, you must enroll in benchmarking with ENERGY STAR® through the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA’s) Portfolio Manager. This will educate you on the benefits of benchmarking and will provide visibility about the energy use intensity (EUI) of your property.
- Scope of Work: The scope work will be provided, which will highlight the work to be performed and the installation of equipment.
- Procurement: Once the documentation is completed, SoCalGas will assign a qualified contractor to ensure all materials are procured before scheduling installation.
- Installation: A project timeline will be provided by the contractor for the installation of measures
- Completion and Post-Inspection: SoCalGas will conduct a thorough inspection after all measures have been installed. If there are any variances, deficiencies or discrepancies with the work order, SoCalGas will work with the contractor to rectify any issues as soon as possible.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Energy improvements completed under this program are made by third-party providers contracted by SoCalGas. Program funds, including any funds utilized for rebates or incentives, will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until such funds are no longer available. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. The selection, purchase, and ownership of goods and/or services are the sole responsibility of customer. SoCalGas makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, of goods or services selected by customer. Customers who choose to participate in this program are not obligated to purchase any additional goods or services offered by contractor or any other third party. SoCalGas does not endorse, qualify, or guarantee the work of any contractor or other third party. Eligibility requirements apply; see the program conditions for details.