About the SoCalGas® Smart Therm Program
During the winter season, customers with qualifying smart thermostats were eligible to participate in the SoCalGas® Smart Therm Program. As of February 28, 2020, this program closed indefinitely. Thank you for your participation.
What is a SoCalGas Smart Therm Event?
Our Smart Therm Event is a voluntary call for consumers to conserve natural gas on certain days when demand is high. Here are important things to remember as a participant:
- You will earn $50 for enrolling in the program. Customers will earn $25 for every winter season they remain enrolled.
- If a Smart Therm Event is activated, you can expect your thermostat to be adjusted up to four degrees for four hours.
- Events can occur between 5 a.m. to 9 a.m. or 6 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Events can only be called on weekdays; Federal holidays are excluded.
- You can override your smart thermostat during an event and there is no penalty for not participating in a program event.
Qualifying Smart Thermostats
Smart thermostat manufacturers are being enrolled into the program and will be added to the list as they become available. At this time, the owners of the following thermostats will be eligible to participate:
Check this webpage regularly to see which brands are added at a later date.
Please visit our Frequently Asked Questions for further details.