- Replacement Segment Start Location: El Camino Real, South of Santa Barbara Rd
- Replacement Segment End Location: North Forty Road, Northeast of Harvest Way
- Replacement Segment Length: 15,410 feet (2.9 miles)
- Start Date: November 9, 2015
- Projected End Date: June 30, 2016
- Traffic Impacts: The replacement operation is expected to take 26 to 30 weeks to complete. The excavation and pipeline installation work will be conducted in a series of sections, one-at-a-time. While each section of El Camino Real south of Santa Barbara Road is being worked on, northbound and southbound traffic will be reduced to one lane and traffic will alternate between directions as controlled by flaggers. Lane reductions will be in effect during working hours, Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and will be marked with traffic cones and signs. Businesses will be open during construction activities.
- Construction Update: Construction activities are almost complete for this project with a few minor items remaining, including road striping. The performance of these items will be coordinated with the City. Traffic control and temporary lane reductions may be in effect at times and marked with traffic cones and signs. Please watch for detours and reduced speed signs.
- Traffic Impact Location: South of Santa Barbara Rd, Santa Margarita Rd/North Forty Rd, Curbaril Ave.
Replacement Segment North and South End Locations