SoCalGas® is dedicated to maintaining the safety and integrity of our natural gas pipelines. We routinely perform various pipeline maintenance and safety tasks, including patrolling, inspecting, testing, repairing, and replacing pipelines. Upgrading our system helps us to continue to reliably provide the natural gas service that our customers count on. Natural gas is critical to providing an affordable and reliable energy source for heating and cooking to homes and businesses.
We will be in your neighborhood for an in-line inspection that is expected to take three months. We are performing work at the intersections of Chatsworth Street and Reseda Boulevard, Chatsworth Street and Yolanda Avenue and the intersection of Chatsworth Street and Wilbur Avenue.
- Start Date: October 5, 2020
- Work Hours: Monday – Saturday 6:00 a.m. – 7:00 p.m.
- Estimated End Date: March 30, 2021
This project is complete.
What to Expect
- Lane reductions on Chatsworth Street between Etiwanda Avenue and Yolanda Avenue. The southbound lanes on Reseda Boulevard will be reduced to a single lane before the intersection and returning to two lanes after the intersection.
- Lane reductions on Chatsworth Street between Reseda Boulevard and Crebs Avenue. The westbound lane will be affected.
- Some reductions in lanes going westbound on Chatsworth Street between Crebs Avenue and Wibur Avenue. On Wilbur Avenue at Chatsworth Street the northbound lanes will be closed. Right turn only on northbound lane at intersection.
- SoCalGas and contractors' trucks, along with heavy equipment will be on Chatsworth Street between Reseda Boulevard and Wilbur Avenue.
You May Notice a Natural Gas Odor
To perform this work safely, the operation may require a controlled release of natural gas. We encourage anyone who has concerns to call us at 1-800-427-2200. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. We strive to provide continuous natural gas service for our customers while the construction activities are taking place. Your natural gas service should continue without interruption. If that changes, a SoCalGas representative will notify you.
For additional information please reach out to Erick Rivas at firstname.lastname@example.org