SoCalGas is dedicated to maintaining the safety and integrity of our natural gas pipelines. We routinely perform various pipeline maintenance and safety tasks, including patrolling, inspecting, testing, repairing, and replacing pipelines. Enhancing our system helps us to continue to reliably provide the natural gas service that our customers count on. Natural gas is critical to providing an affordable and reliable energy source for heating and cooking to homes and businesses.
We will be in your neighborhood for a hydrotest project that is expected to take four to four months.
- Estimated Start Date: September 6, 2022.
- Estimated End Date: January 2023.
- Work hours: Monday – Saturday 6 a.m. – 6 p.m. (dates & times subject to change)
What to Expect
- No traffic impacts. Work is within Chino Hills State Park.
- SoCalGas and its contractors’ trucks and heavy equipment will be in various locations throughout Chino Hills State Park: Along Telegraph Canyon Road, Bane Canyon Road, Powerline Trail, Drill Hole Trail, 3M Trail, and Corral Trail
You May Notice a Natural Gas Odor
To perform this work safely, the operation may require a controlled release of natural gas. We encourage anyone who has concerns to call us at 1-800-427-2200.
We strive to provide continuous natural gas service for our customers while the construction activities are taking place. Your natural gas service should continue without interruption. If that changes, a SoCalGas representative will notify customers.
For additional information please reach out to Aaron Ortiz at AOrtiz2@semprautilities.com.