SoCalGas is dedicated to maintaining the safety and integrity of our natural gas pipelines. We routinely perform various pipeline maintenance and safety tasks, including patrolling, inspecting, testing, repairing, and replacing pipelines. Enhancing our system helps us to continue to reliably provide the natural gas service that our customers count on. Natural gas is critical to providing an affordable and reliable energy source for heating and cooking to homes and businesses.
We will be in your neighborhood for a hydrotest project that is expected to take four to four months. We are testing approximately 10 miles of 30-inch pipe within Chino Hills State Park.
- Estimated Start Date: September 1, 2021.
- Estimated End Date: December 2021.
- Work hours: Monday – Saturday 6 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. (dates & times subject to change)
- Hydrotest operation will begin November 20, 2021 with scheduled end date of December 10, 2021
- Trail closures will in effect November 20 – December 10, 2021
What to Expect
- No traffic impacts. Work is within Chino Hills State Park.
- SoCalGas and its contractors’ trucks and heavy equipment will be in various locations throughout Chino Hills State Park: Along South Ridge Trail, Telegraph Canyon Road, Bane Canyon Road, Longway Around Trail, Rimcrest Trail Head, Quarter Horse Drive Trail Head, South Ridge Trail, Easy Street Trail, Telegraph Canyon Trail. Diemer Trail, Little Canyon Trail.
You May Notice a Natural Gas Odor
To perform this work safely, the operation may require a controlled release of natural gas. We encourage anyone who has concerns to call us at 1-800-427-2200.
We strive to provide continuous natural gas service for our customers while the construction activities are taking place. Your natural gas service should continue without interruption. If that changes, a SoCalGas representative will notify customers.
For additional information please reach out to Aaron Ortiz at AOrtiz2@semprautilities.com.