SoCalGas® is dedicated to maintaining the safety and integrity of our natural gas pipelines. We routinely perform various pipeline maintenance and safety tasks, including patrolling, inspecting, testing, repairing and replacing pipelines. Upgrading our system helps us to continue to reliably provide the natural gas service that our customers count on. Natural gas is critical to providing an affordable and reliable energy source for heating and cooking to homes and businesses.
We will be in your neighborhood for a maintenance project that is expected to take one week.
• Estimated Start Date: August 30, 2020
Sunday: Night Work; Monday-Tuesday: day and night work; Wednesday-Thursday: day work
What to Expect
▪ SoCalGas and its contractors’ trucks and heavy equipment will be in the area near the intersection of Pacific Coast Highway and Beach Road (south of Palisades Drive).
▪ Southbound lanes along Pacific Coast Highway will be reduced to accommodate bike lane bypass near the construction area
▪ Construction and/or operational noise from equipment and personnel
▪ Motorists are asked to follow all traffic signs and markers for their safety and the safety of othersYou
May Notice a Natural Gas Odor
To perform this work safely, the operation may require a controlled release of natural gas. We encourage anyone who has concerns to call us at 1-800-427-2200. We are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
We strive to provide continuous natural gas service for our customers while the construction activities are taking place. Your natural gas service should continue without interruption. If that changes, a SoCalGas representative will notify you.
For additional information please reach out to Aaron Pintado at [email protected]