To receive an optimal experience on our website, we recommend you use the latest versions of these browsers:
Current versions of the following web browsers support viewing on our website:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 11 and Microsoft Edge 16
- Apple Safari 11
- Google Chrome 63
- Mozilla/Firefox 58
Internet Explorer Compatibility View
If you are using Internet Explorer 11 and encountering issues such as misplaced images, menus or text boxes – it could be a "Compatibility View" issue. To exit Compatibility View:
- Open your browser and select F12 using the function (fn) key
- A window should open on the lower half of your screen
- From the toolbar in this window, select "Document Mode"
- From the menu, select the version of Internet Explorer you are currently using
Browser Security Settings
If your browser does not have TLS 1.2 enabled after we disable TLS 1.0 and 1.1, you will not be able to access socalgas.com and My Account after October 2018.
What is TLS?
TLS is Transport Layer Security. This is a web protocol established by the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), which is a group that develops Internet standards. This protocol protects sensitive data when being passed back and forth. TLS is a setting which can be enabled or disabled on popular web browsers.
Why is this taking place?
SoCalGas takes the security of your data very seriously. Vulnerabilities were discovered with TLS 1.0 and 1.1 by the IETF. To continue to comply with high security standards and best practices, we will disable the use of TLS 1.0 and 1.1 for connections to socalgas.com and My Account.
What do I need to do?
- Check if your browser supports TLS 1.2 at this website:
- How to enable TLS 1.2 in different browsers: