If you’ve received a notice from the State of California or found an unclaimed property from the State Controller’s website, please submit the following documentations in order to claim your funds:
- A valid Identification (examples: Government issued driver’s license, State ID or Military ID).
- Current address where you’d like the refund check sent.
- One of the following:
- Proof of ownership, something showing your association with the reported address listed on the notice from the State of California (e.g. previous utility bill, tax bill, bank statement, address history page from a credit report or any mail with your name and the reported address listed).
- If you’re claiming on behalf of a business, please also provide documents associating you with the business (e.g. business card or company badge).
- If the owner of the unclaimed property is deceased, please send documents showing that you’re the executor of the estate or a death certificate with your name listed as the informant.
Documents can be submitted via email (UnclaimedFunds@sempra.com), fax (619) 696-2450, or by mail to the address listed below:
Southern California Gas Company
Attn: Vivian Yang
488 8th Avenue, ML HQ07S2
San Diego, CA 92101
All claims and complete supporting documents received prior to June 1, 2018 will be processed; claims received after June 1, 2018 will not be processed. Any unprocessed claims are required by law to be remitted to the State of California for safekeeping. Funds remain with the State of California until they are claimed.
Once we receive all required documents, please allow 30 days for processing.
Unclaimed Property Program