NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. MAKING A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE ENTRANT’S ODDS OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The SoCalGas® Clean Air Day Bike Sweepstakes (“Sweepstakes”) starts on September 11, 2019 at 12:00 AM Pacific Time and closes on October 2, 2019 at 11:59 PM Pacific Time (“Sweepstakes Period”). The Sweepstakes is sponsored by Southern California Gas Company, which has its corporate headquarters at 555 W 5th Street, Los Angeles, CA 90013 (“Sponsor”).
2. ELIGIBILITY: This Sweepstakes is open to all residential customers of Sponsor who are 18 years of age or older and a legal resident of the United States at the time of entry into the Sweepstakes (“Entrants”). Employees, agents, or representatives of Sponsor or its subsidiaries or affiliates are not eligible to win nor are the parents, siblings, or children of any such employee, agent or representative or any person with whom such employee, agent or representative is domiciled. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth in these Rules and Regulations.
3. PRIZES: The Sweepstakes consists of one (1) drawing and one (1) prize to be made up of: .
- One (1) Tern® Folding Bike with approximate retail value of $450.00
- One (1) Thousand® Helmet with approximate retail value of at $89.00
The drawing will take place on October 4, 2019 at 1:00 PM Pacific Time. Entrants are eligible to win two (1) prizes. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winners are responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use.
4. HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. Visit CleanAirDay.org and take the Clean Air Day pledge, use code SCG and submit your name and email where requested. Entrants will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes drawing for such submission. California Clean Air Day is a project of the Coalition for Clean Air. SoCalGas is not affiliated with California Clean Air Day or the Coalition for Clean Air.
An entry may also be submitted by printing your name, address, email address, and phone number on a postcard and mailing it with sufficient postage affixed to: 555 W 5th Street. GT 21-C6 Los Angeles, CA 90013. Mail-in entries must be received by October 2, 2019.
All entries will become the exclusive property of Sponsor and none will be acknowledged or returned. Proof of sending or submission will not be deemed to be proof of receipt by Sponsor. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible, illegible, or misdirected entries, which will be disqualified.
There is a total limit of one (1) entry per residential customer account during the Sweepstakes Period using all methods of entry. Different Entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by an Entrant to enter the Sweepstakes using multiple or different email addresses, identities, registrations, and/or logins, or any other methods will void Entrant's entries and that Entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the Entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Each potential winner may be required to show proof of being an authorized account holder.
5. SWEEPSTAKES DRAWINGS: The odds of winning each prize depend on the number of eligible entries received. The odds of an entry winning any prize will be the same for that specific drawing, whether the entry was automatically generated or submitted by alternate methods of entry. The winner will be chosen at random from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period.
6. PRIZE AWARDING: Sponsor will notify winners by email or phone the day of the drawing. Prizes will be awarded only on verification by Sponsor that all Sweepstakes requirements have been met by the winner(s). Each prize must be accepted as awarded and no substitution, transfer, conversion or assignment of prizes will be allowed, except at the discretion of Sponsor, who may substitute a prize of comparable or greater value. The winner will have seven (7) calendar days from notification to accept the prize by email. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, misdirected, or unsuccessful efforts to notify the winner. If a selected winner cannot be contacted within the allotted time, Sponsor reserves the right to void that entry and select another winner for that prize by random drawing.
Prizes must be picked up in person at 555 W 5th Street. Los Angeles, CA 90013 by official winners within six (6) to eight (8) weeks. Sponsor is not responsible for and shall not be liable for late, lost, or misdirected communication to the official winners.
7. SWEEPSTAKES GENERAL RULES: By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrants agree to abide by these Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations and the decisions of Sponsor, which are final.
8. WINNERS LIST: To obtain a copy of the winner list or a copy of the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations, send your request to:
555 W 5th Street.
Los Angeles, CA 90013
Requests must be received no later than October 4, 2019 and must enclose a self-addressed stamped envelope.
You may also e-mail email@example.com to obtain same by the date listed above.
9. DISQUALIFICATION: Sponsor is not responsible for lost, interrupted or unavailable network server or other connections, miscommunications, failed telephone or computer or telephone transmissions or technical failure, jumbled, scrambled or misdirected transmissions, or other error of any kind whether human, mechanical or electronic. Persons found tampering with or abusing any aspect of this Sweepstakes, website, or any hosted website, as determined by Sponsor, in its sole discretion, will be disqualified. If disqualified for any of the above abuses, Sponsor reserves the right to terminate the Entrant’s eligibility to participate. In the event any portion of this Sweepstakes is compromised by virus, bugs, non-authorized human intervention or other causes beyond the control of Sponsor, which in the sole opinion of Sponsor, corrupts or impairs the administration, security, fairness or proper entry into the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to suspend or terminate the Sweepstakes and to award prize(s) to individuals selected at random from the pool of Entrants received up to the point of termination, or to terminate the Sweepstakes altogether. In no event will more prizes be awarded than those listed in the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations, except as otherwise specifically stated herein.
10. TAX INFORMATION: Liability for any applicable taxes imposed by any government, if any, on any prize won is the sole responsibility of the winner of such prize.
11. APPLICABLE LAWS: Offer is subject to all applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations. The rules shall be governed by, interpreted under, and enforced in accordance with the laws of California. Sponsor may, in its sole discretion and without notice to participants, terminate the offer for any reason. Void where prohibited or restricted by law.
12. PRIZE DISCLAIMER: Sponsor is solely responsible for the delivery of the prizes to the prize winners, as declared by Sponsor. Sponsor shall not be responsible or liable to Entrants for any losses, damages, or costs incurred as a result of Entrants entering the Sweepstakes or use of a prize won in connection with this Sweepstakes or the failure by the Sponsor to deliver the prize to the winner in accordance with the Sweepstakes Rules and Regulations. By participating in the Sweepstakes, each Entrant agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor and the employees, officers, directors, shareholders, agents, and representatives of Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, promotion, and fulfillment agencies from any and all losses, damages, rights, claims, and/or actions of any kind in connection with the Sweepstakes or resulting from acceptance, possession, or use of any prize, including without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy. By entering the Sweepstakes, Entrant hereby (i) confirms compliance with these Rules and Regulations, (ii) releases and forever discharges Sponsor, its parent company, affiliates and/or subsidiaries, from all claims, demands, damages, actions and causes of action arising or to arise by reason of the acceptance or use of the prize, and (iii) gives permission to the Sponsor, at their option, to publish or otherwise use the Entrant’s name, photograph, likeness, voice and comments, without compensation, in any publicity carried out by the Sponsor or its advertising agencies. Sponsor neither endorses the manufacturer of the prize or any particular goods of such manufacturer, including the prizes. Sponsor makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, of the prizes.
© 2019 Southern California Gas Company. Trademarks are the property of their respective owners. All rights reserved.