- A resume is required to apply for all positions. A cover letter is NOT required.
- A candidate must have successfully completed and received their high school diploma or passed a General Education Development (GED) test. Some of our positions do require four-year or advanced degrees and/or certifications.
- Potential employees must have proof of eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship.
- We only accept resume submissions online. We are unable to accept resumes at any of our facilities.
The Application Process
- Our Human Resources (HR) Staffing team reviews all resumes and applications.
- If minimum requirements are met, your resume will be sent to the hiring manager for review. If there is an interest from a hiring manager, you will likely be contacted for a phone screen.
- Depending on the phone screen feedback, you may be invited on-site for an interview and asked to complete a workplace assessment questionnaire. The on-site interview can last anywhere from a few hours to an entire day. You may also be invited to participate in a second interview day.
- If you haven't heard from us within four weeks, it’s likely your resume was not a match at this time. We will, however, keep your resume on file for future consideration.
Interview TipsWe recommend that applicants do the following prior to a phone or onsite interview:
- Review our company website to become more familiar with our business.
- During in-person interviews we utilize the SHARE model:
- S - Situation; introduce a specific situation to the interviewer
- H - Hindrances; outline the challenges, constraints or hindrances you have faced;
- A - Action; Describe the action(s) and steps you took to resolve the hindrance;
- R - Results; outline the results or positive outcomes that came about due to your action(s);
- E - Evaluate; evaluate for the interviewer what you gained from the experience and how it can be applied to their company or project
- Be prepared to discuss your background and qualifications as referenced on your resume.
- Dress appropriately and be prepared to supply additional copies of your updated resume.
- Be on time.
Background ChecksAll offers of employment from SoCalGas® are contingent upon candidates passing a background check and drug screen. A background check will consist of the following:
- Criminal history report
- Social Security verification
- Motor vehicle history report
- Employment verification
- Education verification
Accommodations for the Disabled
We want our application process to be accessible to all users. If you need additional assistance, please contact our HR department. A member of the HR department can address any questions regarding special accommodations for the disabled. Please reach out to us via telephone, at
(213) 244-3100, or email: SCGStaffing@socalgas.com.
Please note we are unable to provide any information on application or job status.
We have revolving internships from Accounting, Finance, Marketing, Engineering, and Operations. There is plenty of opportunity with SoCalGas where we look for bright and talented individuals.
To learn about roles for interns and new college graduates, please visit our Students and College Grads page. You can also search for opportunities using our Job Search and submit your resume for positions of interest. Apply today!