Customer Service Representative
To see if we have any Customer Service Representative openings, view our current job listings .
Be a part of an exceptional call center organization that provides outstanding service to millions of customers throughout Southern and Central California. Every year, SoCalGas® Customer Service Representatives (CSRs) answer six million phone calls in multiple languages. CSRs provide superior service as the main point of contact for more than six million residential and business customers throughout our region. Whether you are interested in a career in the exciting energy field or looking to advance your excellent customer communication and service skills, SoCalGas is a forward-thinking company with more than 140 years of experience.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
CSRs are the main point of contact to customers in our service territory. The main duties of a CSR are to provide exceptional customer service by communicating with customers via telephone and assisting with any questions or concerns that arise. This could include, but is not limited to, questions regarding billing, initiating service requests, explaining rates and allowances, advising on energy conservation measures and products and coordinating safety order responses. CSRs use multiple computer systems and other processes to log information, access customer data and issue requests. The customer call center includes a very supportive work environment with a starting pay of $16.18 per hour during the initial five weeks of training. Employees who successfully pass training will increase to a pay of $29.35 per hour.
- Pre-qualification examination, Clerical Test Battery (Customer Contact) and a customer service inventory test.
- Ability to operate a computer and other electronic equipment.
- Qualify through a panel interview.
- Complete Customer Service Representative training.
- Must pass a drug test if moving from a non-safety-sensitive job. All new hires are subject to participation in the Company’s random drug testing program.
- Occasionally lift and/or carry items such as dockets, ledgers and small tools or items weighing up to approximately 10 pounds.
- Comfortable in environment with noise generated by co-workers.
- Previous customer contact experience is helpful.