For years SoCalGas® has been a proud supporter of our veteran community. We continue to be committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities and active military personnel. We support our uniformed services employees with a variety of resources and career guidance when they return to work after active duty.
Troops to Energy Jobs
We have worked with the Center for Energy Workforce Development (CEWD) and their Troops to Energy Jobs website to provide veterans a clear pathway to landing a job in the energy sector.
Troops to Energy Jobs gives veterans a guided step-by-step roadmap to transfer their military training to a new energy job. The interactive tool helps identify any additional education and credentials needed, along with providing the resources to get that additional training. Veterans can locate and apply for jobs based on positions that best match their military experience and desired location.
VALOR (Veterans Advancing Leading and Optimizing Results)
- Recruitment focused on attracting and hiring veterans, and transitioning military service members
- Onboarding that helps provide a smooth transition for newly-hired SoCalGas veteran/active military employees
- Development focused on increasing competencies of employees who have no exposure to military cultures, and identifying key developmental needs for SoCalGas veterans
- Outreach support for veteran organizations, veteran-owned businesses, and customer programs
Organizations We Support
We fund organizations that help veterans and team up with those that provide employment, philanthropic and volunteer opportunities, such as:
- New Directions for Veterans
- Soldiers’ Angels
- Mayor's Office of Veteran Affairs - Los Angeles
- UCLA Anderson School of Management’s Entrepreneurship Boot Camp for Veterans with Disabilities
- Riverside Community College’s Annual Veterans Economic and Business Development Summit