A Utility Request is made by city and county planners, engineers, developers, land surveyors, or anyone involved in the initial stages of a land development project seeking SoCalGas maps or other information regarding its facilities that may affect the project. Including SoCalGas in the initial planning stages will help prevent project delays and promote safe development practices near pipelines or other SoCalGas facilities. SoCalGas facilities are operated by Distribution and Transmission departments, therefore your project area may be impacted by BOTH Transmission and Distribution facilities. Your request will be reviewed and each department will respond accordingly to inform you if there are any potential conflicts with SoCalGas facilities.
- Requests for review should be sent to email@example.com with the following information:
- Requestor/Developer name, mailing address, email address and phone number
- Project location information-MUST include an area/site map or any available project plans
- Basic construction information
- Additional project information (e.g., new business, vacation, easement merger, Will Serve request and Land and Right of Way inquiries).
- To prevent delays, please send each project as an individual Utility Mapping Request.
NOTE: YOUR REQUEST WILL BE REVIEWED BY BOTH DISTRIBUTION & TRANSMISSION. CLEARANCE WILL NEED TO BE OBTAINED FROM BOTH DEPARTMENTS TO PROCEED WITH ANY WORK.
- Please note - as-built maps, location specific data, and pipeline attributes will not be provided.
- Requests are usually reviewed and processed within 60 days.