The SoCalGas® Food Service Equipment Center, located at the Energy Resource Center in Downey, is a state-of-the-art kitchen and a great resource for any commercial food service customer. You can attend monthly seminars, learn about energy-efficient equipment and see how to qualify for equipment rebates.
Come experience everything we have to offer.
Equipment Demonstration and Testing
How can you be sure the food service equipment you are considering is right for your facility? Come to the Food Service Equipment Center and try it before you buy.
We offer "test drives" of new commercial food service equipment in a neutral facility at no cost or obligation. Schedule an appointment, bring your own ingredients and compare new, energy-efficient food service equipment for quality, production, overall performance and ease of maintenance. Test new design features and control panels for more consistency and control in your menu items. We offer:
- More than 125 pieces of equipment from more than 60 different manufacturers
- A one-of-a-kind Ventilation and Baking Lab that allows you to simultaneously test up to five different combinations of ventilation hoods
Equipment available for testing: Food Service Equipment Center Equipment Inventory
Learn and sharpen your skills by attending our exciting educational seminars. Seminar topics change monthly and include food safety, kitchen ventilation, sustainability for food service, equipment maintenance, an annual Food Service Equipment Expo and more.
- Sign up for seminars online
- 2016 calendar of events (PDF)
- Energy Resource Center (ERC) location map and directions
- Terms and conditions
Food Service Equipment Resources
Find information on additional food service rebates, as well as useful catalogs, flyers, customer testimonials and much more.
- A Green Restaurant Guide (PDF)
- Food Service Equipment Center Equipment Inventory (PDF)
- Food Service Equipment Center List of Manufacturers (PDF)
- Safe Food Handling Guidelines - English (PDF)
- Safe Food Handling Guidelines - En Español (PDF)
- Do It Yourself Energy Survey - English (PDF)
- Do It Yourself Energy Survey - En Español (PDF)
- Foodservice Gas Equipment Catalog
- User’s Guide to Cleaning and Maintaining Foodservice Equipment (PDF)
- Trade Pro Program
Food Service Equipment Rebates
We offer rebates on new natural gas-fired food service equipment for the purpose of replacing inefficient equipment with more efficient models. Our rebates for commercial food service equipment can help offset the purchase price of newer, high-efficiency models. Plus, you will enjoy continued savings through lower operating costs year after year. Search food service equipment rebates
For a list of qualifying models - click here http://www.fishnick.com/saveenergy/rebates/
Food Service Energy Survey
Take our Food Service "Do-it-Yourself Energy Survey" that looks at areas where energy is intensive: kitchen and serving, dining room, dish room, rooftop, parking lot and the exterior of your business.
Food Service Technology Center (FSTC)
As part of a statewide effort, A great resource to evaluate food service equipment, water saving equipment and life cycle cost calculator is the FSTC . Learn More* »
Join SoCalGas’ Online Trade Professional Directory
If you sell, service or install energy-efficient natural gas equipment for commercial, industrial or agricultural customers, consider joining our Trade Professional (Trade Pro) Directory . Trade Pro, offered at no cost, makes it easier for customers to find trade professionals and allows trade professionals to receive energy-efficiency rebates from SoCalGas on behalf of their customers.