Business Equipment Rebates
Receive up to 50% More in Rebates
Qualifying Equipment Includes:
- Pool Cover
- Process Heating Boiler
- Pool Heater
- Steam Trap for Commercial Customers
Pipe and Tank Insulation
We offer a variety of energy-efficiency rebates designed to help your business save money and energy when planning to purchase qualifying equipment. Whether you’re a small business or a large industrial customer, we have rebates and incentives for you!1
|Equipment Type||Rebate / Unit|
|Commercial Boiler||$0.50 - $3.00 / MBtuh|
|Greenhouse Heat Curtain||$0.20 / sq. ft.|
|Infrared Film for Greenhouses||$0.05 / sq. ft.|
|Laminar Flow Restrictor (LFR)||$6.50 / unit|
|Pipe Insulation||$2.00 - $3.00 / linear ft.|
|Pool Cover||$1.00 / sq. ft.|
|Pool Heater||$2.00 / MBtuh|
|Pre-rinse Spray Valve (PRSV)||$20.00 / unit|
|Process Heating Boiler||$2.00 / MBtuh|
|Residential Clothes Washers for Businesses||$75.00 / unit|
|Space Heating Boiler||$0.50 - $3.00 / MBtuh|
|Steam Trap for Commercial Customers||$100 / unit|
|Storage/Tankless Commercial Water Heaters||$1.00 - $5 / Mbtuh (Through Distributors Only)|
|Tank Insulation||$2.00 - $3.00 / sq. ft.|
View Equipment Disclaimer
*To receive potential 50 percent promotional rebate, equipment must be purchased and installed between May 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017 and application submitted between June 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017. Rebate terms and conditions apply for qualifying equipment and promotional rebate amount will be applied by SoCalGas during processing.
Basic Equipment Requirements
- All equipment must be new natural gas-fired equipment. Fuel switching does not qualify. All equipment must replace older equipment, with the exception of commercial cooking equipment.
- Qualified equipment must be purchased and installed between January 1, 2013 and December 31, 2016.
- All required efficiencies must exceed Title 20 and 24 standards.
- Eligible equipment is listed on the California Energy Commission website at https://cacertappliances.energy.ca.gov/Pages/ApplianceSearch.aspx.
We offer opportunities for businesses to lower investment costs when planning efficiency retrofit projects involving the installation of high-efficiency equipment or systems.
- We offer incentives for replacing equipment and improving business processes.
- We offer incentives for new facility design or expansion plans on existing premises.
- Are you one of our existing customers using 250,000 therms a year or more? We offer a no-cost energy assessments by Department of Energy-qualified engineers.
Supplier and Installer Programs
Trade Professional Program
If you sell, service or install energy-efficient equipment for other businesses, you can help your customers save money by promoting energy efficiency equipment through our Trade Professional Program . This program allows suppliers and installers of insulation, steam traps, boilers and other qualifying products to apply for energy efficiency rebates on behalf of their customers.
Midstream Distributor Rebate Program
The Midstream Commercial Water Heater Distributor Rebate Program offers rebates and installation bonuses to qualifying distributors to stock and sell high-efficiency storage and instantaneous (tankless) water heaters to non-residential commercial and industrial customers. This program allows rebates to be paid directly to qualifying distributors for each verified installation in SoCalGas® territory.
Tax Notice for Applicants
The following clarification on IRS tax reporting has been made to all rebate/incentive applications:
Rebates are taxable if greater than $600 for business customers, and will be reported to the IRS unless you have identified yourself as a corporation or exempt.
SoCalGas will report your rebate as income to you on IRS Form 1099. You are urged to consult your tax advisor concerning the taxability of rebates. SoCalGas is not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed on your business as a result of receipt of this rebate.
For customers who've authorized a payment release to a third party, SoCalGas will report the payment made to the third party on IRS Form 1099 as "Other Income" unless the check received is less than $600, or the payee is identified as a corporation or exempt.
How to Apply for Rebates
- Purchase and install new, efficient natural gas-fired equipment.
- Download and complete the current Energy-Efficiency Rebates for Business Guide and Application (PDF).
- Mail, fax, or email the application package to:
- SoCalGas, Attn: C/I Energy-Efficiency Rebates for Business,
BOX 513249 ML 19A8, Los Angeles, CA 90051
- Fax: 323-518-2368 Attn: Business Rebates
- Email: EERebatesforBusiness@socalgas.com