Whether you’re a small business or a large industrial customer, we have rebates and incentives for you!
We offer a variety of energy efficiency rebates designed to help your business save money and energy when planning to purchase qualifying equipment. Additionally, you can receive instant rebates on qualifying equipment at the register. No application submission is needed. See our selected implementers for foodservice equipment details at caenergywise.com/instant-rebates/*, and for water heating products visit statewide-waterheating.com/*.
Did you know financing options are available for energy efficiency upgrades? Learn More
Energy Efficiency Rebates
|Equipment Type||Rebate / Unit|
|Commercial Boiler||$0.50 - $4 / MBtuh|
|Gas Modulating ControllerA||Up to $750 per kit unit|
|Greenhouse Curtain||$0.30 / sq. ft.|
|Infrared Film (for Greenhouses)||$0.02 / sq. ft.|
|Heat Recovery Rooftop Unit (HR-RTU)||$3,000 / unit|
|Laminar Flow Restrictor (LFR)||$6.50 / unit|
|Pipe/Fittings Insulation||$2 - $4 / linear ft. / $8 - $32 per fitting|
|Pool CoverB||$1 / sq. ft.|
|Pool Heater||$2 / MBtuh|
|Pre-rinse Spray Valve (PRSV)||$20 / unit|
|Process Heating Boiler||$1 - $2 / MBtuh|
|Recirculating Pump Control||$9.50 per dwelling unit|
|Recirculating Pump Time Clock||$300 per time clock|
|Space Heating Boiler||$0.50 - $3 / MBtuh|
|Steam Boiler Stack Economizer||$1 - $2 / MButh|
|Steam Trap for Commercial Customers||$100 / unit|
|Storage/Tankless Commercial Water HeatersC||$2 - $8 / Mbtuh|
|Tank Insulation||$2 - $3 / sq. ft.|
View Equipment Disclaimer
A This measure will be limited to 250 kits for coin-operated laundry eligible facilities and 1,000 kits for all other non-coin operated laundry eligible facilities. Please contact us prior to purchase to ensure you are eligible for the rebate.
B No replacement of existing pool covers (regardless of condition) and must not have had a cover for the past 6 months.
C If the tankless commercial water heater supplies a hot water circulation loop, an intermediary hot water storage tank must also be attached to the loop.
How to Apply for Rebates
- Purchase and install new, efficient natural gas-fired equipment.
- Download and complete the 2022 Business Rebate Guide and Application.
- Refer to Customer Check List for required documents to attach to the application. You can also complete our online application.
- For downloaded applications Mail, fax, or email the application package to:
- Mail: SoCalGas, Attn: C/I Energy Efficiency Rebates for Business,
BOX 513249 ML 19A8, Los Angeles, CA 90051
- Fax: 323-518-2368 Attn: Business Rebates
- Email: EERebatesforBusiness@socalgas.com
Basic Equipment Requirements
- All equipment must be new natural gas-fired equipment. Fuel switching does not qualify. All equipment must replace older equipment, with the exception of commercial cooking equipment.
- Qualified equipment must be installed within one year of the purchase date. Applications must be submitted within the same calendar year as the installation year.
- All required efficiencies must exceed California Title 20 and 24 standards.
We offer opportunities for businesses to lower investment costs when planning efficiency retrofit projects involving the installation of high-efficiency equipment or systems.
- We offer incentives for replacing equipment and improving business processes.
- We offer incentives for new facility design or expansion plans on existing premises.
- Are you one of our existing customers using 250,000 therms a year or more? We offer a no-cost energy assessment by Department of Energy-qualified engineers.
Supplier and Installer Programs
Trade Professional Program
Our Trade Professional Program offers full rebate application support on a variety of energy-efficient natural gas equipment, including boilers, pool covers and heaters, and pipe and tank insulation. In addition, our Trade Professional Directory lists vendors and contractors who sell, install, or maintain this equipment; eligible Trade Professionals are invited to learn more and join.
Tax Notice for Applicants
The following clarification on IRS tax reporting has been made to all rebate/incentive applications:
Rebates are taxable if greater than $600 for business customers, and will be reported to the IRS unless you have identified yourself as a corporation or exempt.
SoCalGas will report your rebate as income to you on IRS Form 1099. You are urged to consult your tax advisor concerning the taxability of rebates. SoCalGas is not responsible for any taxes that may be imposed on your business as a result of receipt of this rebate.
For customers who've authorized a payment release to a third party, SoCalGas will report the payment made to the third party on IRS Form 1099 as "Other Income" unless the check received is less than $600, or the payee is identified as a corporation or exempt.
1Only the SoCalGas Customer rebates are offered through the point of sale rebate program.
2 To qualify for a rebate, qualified equipment must be installed within one year of the purchased date. Applications must be submitted within the same calendar year as the installation year. All rebate items must be purchased and installed prior to submitting an application for a rebate.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. To be eligible, apply by January 31, 2023. SoCalGas is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. To qualify, equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements. If you have questions, call your account representative, visit socalgas.com or call 1-800-508-2348 to reserve and confirm eligibility before purchasing products.