For New or Expanding Electric Generation Facilities
If you're interested in developing a new electric generation facility or expanding the generating capacity of an existing facility, we can provide a complimentary first-time natural gas service evaluation for potential new power projects, or expansion of existing electric generating facilities.
Evaluation results include:
- A description of the improvements required to serve your project from the utility system
- A preliminary partial estimate of the costs to construct the facilities.
If your project has already been evaluated by SoCalGas® within the last five years, you'll be required to enter into a Consulting Services Agreement with SoCalGas for subsequent evaluations and pay a fee.
How to Request a Natural Gas Availability Study
- Complete the Project Fact Sheet with the information we need to evaluate your project.
- Call your account executive or account manager directly to help you complete the project fact sheet and/or save the project fact sheet to your hard drive, complete the document and email it to your representative.
- If you don't know your SoCalGas representative, save the project fact sheet to your hard drive, complete the form to the best of your ability and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also call:
- Jerry McPherson at (213) 244-3972 for 20 MW and larger projects.
- Dale Fontanez at (213) 244-5375 for smaller projects.