Supporting Active Military & Veterans
We salute U.S. military and veterans for their service, and we're proud of our employees who have served in the armed forces. We're committed to hiring and retaining military veterans, veterans with disabilities and active military personnel; and we provide resources and career guidance when they return to work after active duty.
Organizations We Support
We fund organizations that help veterans, those that provide employment, philanthropic and volunteer opportunities. They include:
- New Directions for Veterans – we sponsor their annual Walk for Warriors fundraiser
- Center for Asian Americans United for Self-Empowerment (CAUSE) – we support their 9-month veterans fellowship program that includes professional development, issue and policy briefings, and mentorship luncheons all to help veterans successfully transition into civilian life.
- Strength in Support – we sponsored the Annual South County Veterans Resource Fair, more than 200 veterans attended the event.
- Foundation for Women Warriors – we support their annual Core Program Support for preventing homelessness for women veterans with emergency financial subsidies, as well as case management
- SoCalGas is proud to support Heroes Hall Museum, the first veteran’s museum in Orange County. Located at the Orange County Fairgrounds, where it pays tribute to the five branches of the armed forces and celebrates the legacy of Orange County veterans. With more than 3,600 square feet of exhibit and classroom space, the museum offers teaching opportunities, as well as exhibits. They anticipate more than 100,000 school-aged children will visit the museum every year.
- Soldiers’ Angels, which provides aid and comfort to service members and their families and the growing veteran population. Over the years, employees have donated supplies for Care packages to troops overseas and gave more than $32,000, which includes a challenge grant from the Sempra Energy Foundation.
- Supporting employees who have served or are in the U.S. military and recruiting more military veterans to SoCalGas. Through our VALOR program, we paired employee volunteers with military experience as mentors for newly-hired veterans to facilitate a smooth transition.
Our Veteran Workforce
Veterans represent about five percent of our workforce, and we continue to hire veterans in accounting and finance, field operations, information technology, project management, engineering and engineering support and business operations. For more information, see our Careers section.
We take part in a number of outreach events, career fairs and training opportunities. The core values of those who serve in the military — integrity, leadership, teamwork, commitment – are in line with our company's values.