How to Apply
To apply for GAF assistance, please contact the non-profit partner organization in your area. Some agencies may be temporarily closed.
Need Help Paying Your Gas Bill?
If you're having difficulty paying your natural gas bill, the Gas Assistance Fund (GAF) may be able to provide you, or someone you know, with a one-time grant for the amount of the gas bill, not to exceed $200.00.
The Gas Assistance Fund is a joint effort of SoCalGas® and United Way of Greater Los Angeles. They work with non-profit partner organizations throughout our service territory to administer the program.
How to Qualify
To qualify for GAF, you must meet the following requirements:
- The natural gas bill must be in the name of the applicant requesting assistance.
- The bill address must be the applicant’s primary residence.
- The applicant must not apply for more than the maximum GAF allowance for the current program year.
- The applicant must meet the income guidelines listed below:
|Number of people in the household||Total yearly household income* not more than|
For each additional person in your household, add $8,960
These income guidelines are effective June 1, 2020 thru May 31, 2021.
The Gas Assistance Fund is funded by donations (including those from customers, shareholders and employees of SoCalGas) and administrated by the United Way of Greater Los Angeles.
For more information on this program, please call:
- English 1-877-238-0092
- Español 1-800-342-4545
- 國語 1-800-427-1429
- 粵語 1-800-427-1420
- 한국어 1-800-427-0471
- Tiếng Việt 1-800-427-0478
- For other languages 1-888-427-1345
- Hearing impaired (TDD) 1-800-252-0259
Share Your Warmth by Donating
Help your neighbors in need stay warm this season. Donate.