Gas Assistance Fund
Need Help to Pay Your Gas Bill?
If you're having difficulty paying your gas bill during the winter, the Gas Assistance Fund (GAF) may be able to provide you, or someone you know, with a one-time grant for the amount of the gas bill, not to exceed $100.00.
The Gas Assistance Fund is a joint effort of SoCalGas® and United Way of Greater Los Angeles. They work with non-profit partner organizations throughout our service territory to administer the program.
How to Qualify
To qualify for GAF, you must meet the following requirements:
- The gas bill must be in the name of the applicant requesting assistance.
- The bill address must be the applicant’s primary residence.
- The applicant must not apply for more than the maximum GAF allowance for the current program year.
- The applicant must meet the income guidelines listed below:
|Number of people in the household||Total yearly household income* not more than|
|For each additional person in your household, add $8,360.
* Includes current household income from all sources before deductions.
These income guidelines are effective June 1, 2017 to May 31, 2018.