SoCalGas wants to help ease the burden on those impacted by a disaster. For customers who are without natural gas service and those needing to relocate (either temporarily or permanently) due to any unforeseen damages, such as fire/mudslide damage, the following changes will apply as part of the policy:
- Final bills will be forgiven to relieve customers whose homes have been red-tagged.
- Any unused deposit will be credited to your account for customers whose homes have been red-tagged.
- Deposit will not be charged for customers who are re-establishing service.
- SoCalGas will not disconnect service due to non-payment during the period of this emergency.
- Flexible payment arrangements will be available for customers who live in impacted areas who are able to return home, upon request.
We also want to assure customers who have had their natural gas service temporarily turned off at the request of emergency responders that they will not be billed for service during this temporary outage.
For more information, please contact our customer service helpline at 1-800-427-2200.