We're looking for the brightest, most qualified individuals to be part of our Accounting/Finance/Operations departments. Here you’ll work on some of the most challenging projects in the energy profession and be part of the team responsible for energizing the economy in Southern California.
We offer both internships and rotational associate opportunities that will allow you to apply what you've learned in school and further enhance your knowledge and expertise through training and hands-on projects.
- Accounts Payable
- Asset Planning Optimization
- Audit Services
- Budget & Planning
- Customer Operations Technology
- Digital Engagement
- Major Projects, Regulatory Compliance & Controls
- Mass Market Credit & Collections
- Plant Accounting
- Performance Management & Operational Strategy
- Utility Accounting
An internship at SoCalGas® will provide practical, hands-on, technical and industry training at the nation’s largest natural gas distribution utility. You'll have the opportunity to gain valuable exposure and networking opportunities with executives and a wide range of employees, while receiving direct mentoring from peers and management.
Internships usually sync up with campus summer terms, approximately June/July through August/ September. In addition to your daily tasks, activities include facility tours, lunch and learn sessions and a variety of social and networking events. Placement is based upon your academic qualifications and work experience. As an intern you'll have opportunities to move into full-time positions within the company.
- Enrollment in a four-year university bachelor's or master's program
- Sophomore, junior and senior students
- Graduate students
- Desired majors: Accounting, Finance, Economics, Industrial Engineering, Operations Management, Quantitative Analysis, Mathematics/Statistics (other business related majors will be considered)
- 3.0 GPA
- Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without company sponsorship.
Rotational associates have the unique opportunity to experience rotations throughout various departments within Accounting and Finance, Customer Services, and other participating departments.
The rotation program typically lasts for three years with a total of three rotations. The initial rotation will be assigned based on your background, but subsequent rotations will be assessed based on interest and business need.
You'll be paired with a direct mentor to receive valuable feedback and knowledge as well as a more experienced associate, who'll provide more about the program and offer candid advice.
Salary and Benefits
Full-time rotational positions feature a competitive salary, bonus and comprehensive benefits package. All rotational associates are guaranteed permanent placement in the company upon completion of all three rotations.
You must be legally authorized to work in the United States on an ongoing basis without sponsorship.
* Participating departments are subject to change due to business need.