We're looking for the brightest, most qualified engineers in the field to propel our business into the next century. At SoCalGas®, you’ll work on some of the most challenging projects in the energy profession, and be part of the team responsible for energizing the economy of Southern California.
When you join our team, you become part of a truly dynamic environment. Our aggressive new business strategies create countless opportunities for professional growth and career development. These careers fall primarily in mechanical, chemical and civil engineering.
For students and recent graduates, we offer Summer, part-time, and year-round engineering internships or a full-time associate program as an associate engineer.
Summer Engineering Internship Program
SoCalGas is offering exciting new opportunities for hands-on training with skilled professionals. Student internships provide developmental opportunities for the right candidates, to put theory into practice and gain valuable work experience that is personally and professionally rewarding. Current enrollment in an engineering program as an undergraduate or graduate in a 4-year college or university. This is a ten to twelve-week Summer Internship and could be housed at various company locations.
- You must be a Full-time student in a College or University Engineering program.
- A 3.0 over ll GPA or above is required.
- Be able to work 30-40 hours per week during the Summer with a flexible work schedule. (Program will last about 10-12 weeks based on your school calendar)
- Strong communications skills. This position requires constant communication with people of various levels of work experience; must be willing to learn from others, be self-motivated to perform tasks that are simple or complex.
Part-Time, Year-Round Engineering Internship
Various Locations: Anaheim, Chatsworth, Downey, Los Angeles, Pico Rivera, Redlands
Engineering interns will provide research support (data gathering utilizing company records stored in hard copy or computer form), engineering and cost-benefit analysis for pipeline replacement projects, as well as provide pipeline system analysis support utilizing available natural gas flow analysis software.
- Sophomore, junior, or senior with at least two semesters before graduation. Full-time student in a university engineering program, preferably in the mechanical, chemical, or civil disciplines. A 3.0 or above GPA is highly desirable.
- Must be able to work at least 15-20 hours per week on a year-round basis.
- Solid understanding of fluid flow, piping systems, and computer applications.
- Must be able to analyze significant amounts of data and develop multiple options and scenarios in reaching decisions.
- Must be able to manage and implement multiple projects, as well as coordinate assigned activities and individual projects.
- Knowledge of project management software tools, PC operations, spreadsheets, CAD, mainframe, networks, and Microsoft Office.
- Must clearly and concisely communicate technical information and concepts in formal and informal settings with other departments in the company.
- Strong communication skills. This position requires constant communication with people of various levels of work experience. Must be willing to learn from others and be self-motivated to perform tasks that are simple or complex.
Associate Engineer: Engineer Development Program
Various Locations: Los Angeles, Chatsworth, Anaheim, Redlands, Downey, Pico Rivera, Northridge, Compton
We're are always looking for engineering professionals for positions throughout our company. Engineers at SoCalGas contribute to the success of our company in many ways. Some of the major areas where our engineers contribute their talents are:
- Long-term system design planning
- Running hydraulic simulation models of the company's pipeline system
- Natural gas dehydration
- Instrumentation and controls
- Mechanical and structural design
- Air quality
- Environmental solutions
- Other major project areas include pipeline safety and construction management
Minimum Qualifications/What We're Looking for in an Engineer:
- B.S. in engineering (mechanical, chemical, civil, environmental, petroleum, electrical or industrial).
- Solid understanding and knowledge of fluid dynamics, piping systems, and extensive computer applications (project management tools, spreadsheets, CAD, mainframe, networks and database analyses tools).
- Must be able to prepare detailed engineering calculations and analyses.
- Must be able to effectively communicate (orally and written) and present technical and non-technical matters to all levels of personnel in the organization.
- These positions provide exposure to various areas of the company. The successful candidate has the opportunity to make contributions, either in engineering staff positions or field operations.
- Engineer in Training (EIT) certificate is highly desirable.