Submitting Your Project Plans Electronically
How to Prepare Your Files
Files that use the latest version of digital Computer Aided Design (CAD) with an organized identifiable and isolatable layer structure are required. As an alternative, Geographic Information System (GIS) files are also acceptable.
- Building footprints with numbers and names
- Driveways or easements indicating private property
- Lot lines with lot numbers
- Public and private streets with names and width
- Public utility easements
- Record map boundary (include record map numbers, bearings and distances)
- Right-of-way limits (flood control, railroad, etc., with names and width)
- Street centerlines
Acceptable CAD and GIS File Formats (listed in order of preference):
- MicroStation (.dgn) version J or lower
- AutoCAD (.dwg) Version 2014 or lower
- Universal format (.dxf)
- Shapefile (shp)
- Database file (dbf)
- Personal Geodatabase file (PGDB)
- Projection Format file (prj)
Non-Vector (scan) Submittals
Scanned copies of maps are not encouraged but may be submitted for smaller sized developments where a digital CAD or GIS file was not created and only copies of pre-existing maps are available. The submitted maps must contain the minimum requirements stated above. All necessary Landbase information pertaining to the scope of the project must be legible.
For a full listing of acceptable scanned documents and information needed within non-vector files please see Non-vector Minimum Requirements.
How to Submit Plans
Submit your plans using the SoCalGas® Electronic Data Transfer (EDT) site (https://edt.sempra.com). Include your SoCalGas representative’s email when submitting.
- If you don't know your representative or are having issues with the submittal process, please email NewBusinessProcessTeam@semprautilities.com.
- CDs, disks, diskettes or non-vector (scan) copies should be mailed to your SoCalGas representative.
- If you need assistance submitting your request for new natural gas service or a line extension, please email NewBusinessProcessTeam@semprautilities.com.