In conjunction with our energy-efficiency rebate and incentive programs, we're offering qualified customers zero-percent, unsecured loans to finance the purchase and installation of eligible energy-efficiency upgrades.
- Zero-percent unsecured loans
- No prepayment penalty
- May help lower monthly natural gas usage
- No origination fee
- Loan repayment conveniently added to your SoCalGas® bill
- Available for SoCalGas non-residential customers (including taxpayer-funded institutional customers) and owners of multifamily units who do not reside on the premise.
- Customers must have an active account with SoCalGas for a minimum of two years with the same business.
- Equipment must be installed at the meter of the account holder on record for which the loan is being made.
- Project must meet terms and conditions of one or more energy-efficiency programs offered by SoCalGas.
- Estimated energy savings must be sufficient to repay the loan during repayment period:
- 10 years maximum for business customers or
- 15 years for Institutional customers
- SoCalGas account must be in good credit standing.
Loans are offered only to projects that qualify for at least one of our energy-efficiency programs. Here is a partial list of programs and qualifying equipment:
Program Loan Limits
|Customer Segment||Loan Amounts||Max Loan Terms|
|Business||MIN - $5,000||MAX - $100,000||10 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
Multi-Family (Common area measures only)
|MIN - $5,000||MAX - $100,000||10 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
|Low Income Multi-Family (Common area measures only)||MIN - $5,000||MAX - $250,000||10 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
|Institutional (Cities, Counties, Schools)||MIN - $5,000||MAX - $250,000||15 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
|State of California||MIN - $5,000||MAX - $1,000,000||15 Years or useful equipment life (whichever is shorter)|
Example of Qualifying Programs and Equipment
|Energy-efficiency Rebates for Business||Energy-efficiency Calculated Incentive Program|
|Boiler Economizers||Furnaces, Kilns, and Ovens|
|Boilers (hot water, space-heating, or steam)||Heat Recovery|
|Commercial Cooking Equipment||Lean-Buring Natural Gas Engines|
|Pool Covers||Regenerative Thermal Oxidizers|
|Pool Heaters||Waste Water Heat Recovery Systems|
How to Apply
- Call 1-800-427-6584 (select option 6) or email us at email@example.com to contact our program staff and see if your project qualifies. Qualified projects will receive a no-cost energy audit to determine the energy savings.
- Apply for the energy-efficiency business rebate or incentive programs.
- Contact the On-bill Financing staff for prequalification.
- Receive loan package once SoCalGas verifies other qualifications (such as maximum payback period).
- Sign and return the loan documents.
- After the loan documents have been approved by SoCalGas, install the equipment (SoCalGas will conduct a post-inspection of all qualified equipment).
- Receive the loan. Your monthly loan installment will be included on your utility bill.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice and is provided to qualified customers on a first-come, first-served basis until program funds are no longer available. Eligibility requirements apply. Minimum and maximum loan amounts per meter are $5,000 and $100,000 respectively for eligible business customers that participate in our rebate/incentive programs. Customer results cited may not be typical. SoCalGas is not responsible for any goods or services selected by the customer. To qualify, equipment must meet technical requirements and be installed according to local building codes and ordinances and/or manufacturer's requirements.