We Care About Your Health
We know that not all customers are alike. Some households may have family members with health conditions that require more heat during cool weather. If you or a member of your household has a serious health condition, this program may be able to provide additional natural gas at the baseline rate.
How to Qualify
You may qualify for the medical rate if you or a full-time member of your household:
- Has a life-threatening illness or a compromised immune system
- Is seriously disabled
- Requires more heat due to a serious health condition or to prevent deterioration of the individual’s medical condition
Simply follow these 3 steps:
- Download and complete the first part of the application.
- Ask your medical provider to complete the second part of the application.
- Send the application to us via email, mail, or fax.
- The program provides a daily allowance of .822 therms (a standard unit of measuring heat energy), which is about 25 more therms per month at the lowest rate.
- Eligibility is based on medical condition only; NOT on income.
- Covered conditions include:
- Multiple Sclerosis
- compromised immune system
- life threatening illness
- ANY medical condition for which additional space heating is medically necessary.
- Medical Provider's certification is required. We are now accepting applications via email from you and your medical provider.
- You can own or rent your housing.
- Service does not have to be in the patient’s name.
- A household can have the medical rate in conjunction with other assistance programs.
- The allowance does not cover heating spas or pools for therapy.
- You may qualify for the medical rate even if your landlord bills you for your natural gas. The landlord will reflect the allowance on your billing statement.