Find Out if You Qualify
We Care About Your Health
We know that not all customers are alike. Some households may have family members with health concerns that require more heat during cool weather.
If you or a member of your household has a serious health condition, the Medical Baseline Allowance may be able to provide an additional allowance of natural gas at the lower rate.
How to Qualify
You may qualify for the Medical Baseline Allowance if a full-time member of your household:
- Has a life-threatening illness or a compromised immune system
- Is seriously disabled
- Requires more heat due to a serious health condition or to prevent deterioration of the individual’s medical condition
Medical Baseline Allowance Facts
- The Medical Baseline Allowance provides additional gas at the lowest rate.
- Eligibility is based on medical condition only; NOT on income.
- Covered conditions include: Paraplegia, Quadriplegia, Hemiplegia, Multiple Sclerosis, Scleroderma, compromised immune system, life threatening illness or ANY medical condition for which additional space heating is medically necessary. Medical Provider's certification is required.
- You can own or rent your housing.
- Gas service does not have to be in the Medical Baseline patient’s name.
- A household can have the Medical Baseline Allowance in conjunction with other assistance programs.
- The allowance does not cover heating spas or pools for therapy.
The Medical Baseline Allowance provides an additional daily allowance of .822 therms (a standard unit of measuring heat energy) at the baseline rate for individuals with certain medical conditions. This is approximately 25 more therms per month at the lowest rate. You may qualify for the Medical Baseline Allowance even if your landlord bills you for your natural gas. The landlord will reflect the allowance on your billing statement.