Diversity at SoCalGas®
As the nation's largest natural gas distribution utility, SoCalGas® embraces a diverse workforce that is committed to providing safe and reliable energy to 21 million consumers in more than 500 communities.
We celebrate successful working relationships with local community organizations, professional associations, universities and youth mentorship programs. SoCalGas is recognized as an employer of choice among job seekers.
Our commitment to diversity was acknowledged with the following awards:
- The DiversityInc Top 5 Regional Utilities 2015
- Human Rights Campaign Best Places to Work 2014
- 2014 Corporate Equality Index Rating of 100
- Hispanic Network Magazine – Best of the Best 2015
- One of the top 40 Best Companies for Diversity by Black Enterprise 2014
- Ethisphere Magazine’s “World’s Most Ethical Companies” list, while also enjoying their Ethics Inside® Certified Seal for ethical business practices
SoCalGas is an Affirmative Action and Equal Employment Opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, handicap or disability, or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran in accordance with state and federal law. For more information, click on the following link: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf*.
Upon request, reasonable accommodations will be provided to applicants and employees with qualifying disabilities.
Visit the website of our parent company, Sempra Energy , for more about Sempra Energy's company-wide commitment to diversity.