The California LifeLine Program
CARE participants could lower the cost of their phone bills with the California LifeLine Program. Visit www.californialifeline.com to see the types of discounts available and learn how to apply.
CPUC / California Lifeline is also offering CARE participants a monthly $15 discount towards prepaid cell phone plans. Click here to learn about this limited-duration pilot program.
Apply By MailMail completed form to:
SoCalGas CARE Program GT19A1
P.O Box 3249
Los Angeles CA 90057 - 1249
More InformationFor more information please call 1-800-427-2200.Telecommunication devices for the speech and hearing impaired TDD/TTY are available at 1-800-252-0259
English and Spanish only.More information available in other languages
Two ways to qualify:
1. Public Assistance ProgramsIf you or another person in your household receives benefits from any of the following programs.
Medi-Cal/Medicaid Medi-Cal for Families A & B Women, Infants & Children (WIC) CalWORKs (TANF) or Tribal TANF Head Start Income Eligible - Tribal Only Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance CalFresh (Food Stamps) National School Lunch Program (NSLP) Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP) Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
2. Maximum Household Income
Effective June 1, 2019 to May 31, 2020.
Household Size Total yearly household income not more than 1-2 $33,820 3 $42,660 4 $51,500 5 $60,340 6 $69,180 7 $78,020 8 $86,860
Each additional Person $8,840
Conditions for Participation
- The natural gas bill must be in your name and the address must be your primary address.
- You must not be claimed as a dependent on another person’s income tax return other than your spouse.
- You must recertify your application when requested.
- You must notify SoCalGas within 30 days if you no longer qualify.
- You may be asked to verify your eligibility for CARE. You can view our CARE Veriﬁcation FAQs here.
- If you are recently unemployed, your household income will be calculated from the date of your unemployment.
If you are operating an agricultural employee housing facility, migrant services and nonprofit migrant farm worker housing centers, or a nonprofit group living facility (homeless shelter, drug rehabilitation center, halfway house, hospice), your facility may be eligible for the CARE program.
The CARE program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Program funds will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until such funds are no longer available. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. Eligibility requirements apply; see the program conditions for details.