In order to keep your natural gas appliances operating safely and efficiently, it's important to perform regular maintenance and promptly make any repairs. Below are appliance safety and maintenance tips to help keep you safe and your appliances working properly.
Clothes Dryer Safety & Maintenance
All natural gas appliances have a main burner flame and many also have a pilot flame. Follow these tips to reduce the risk of flammable vapors being ignited by these flames.
Natural Gas Fireplace Safety
To help avoid serious accidents, the fireplace damper must be kept open on a permanent basis. Use the damper lock included with the natural gas log assembly kit.
Saving Tips That can Help You Save Money
- Have your air ducts tested for leaks and repair to save up to 30% on heating and cooling costs.
- Save up to 10% on water heating costs by washing and rinsing your clothes in cold water.
- Save up to 10% on heating costs by lowering your furnace thermostat by three to five degrees, if health permits.
- Reduce the temperature on your water heater.
- Clean or replace your furnace filters according to manufacturer recommendations.
For Your Home
Being more energy efficient in your home is the best way to help lower your energy costs and save money. Get more information on your energy usage and saving tools available to you.