We want to make it as easy as possible for you to read and understand your natural gas bill each month. If you have questions about how your bill is calculated or what's included on it, the following information should help clarify.
How to View or Print Your Bill
The easiest way to view or print a copy of your most recent or past bill is to register or log onto My Account.
- Log on to My Account or Register today!
- Go to View and Pay My Bill.
- Click on the bill you'd like to see
- There, you can view and print out your account history — up to two years.
Or, you can call our automated service line 24 hours a day, at 1-800-772-5050.
Requests made through our phone line will take approximately three to five working days to complete. Billing information can only be sent to the mailing address on record
Sample Natural Gas Bill
1. Service Address
2. Account summary shows your previous balance and payment, plus current charges.
3. Due date and bill amount.
4. Bar graph provides at-a-glance usage over past 13 months (if available). Log into My Account and click on "Ways to Save" to see more detailed usage information.
5. Gas usage information.
6. Important messages and ways to manage your gas bill.
7. For customers enrolled in CARE, the discount is reflected as a separate line item on your bill.
8. We offer paperless billing and payment through "My Account."
How is My Natural Gas Bill Determined?
Our rates are regulated by the California Public Utilities Commission, or CPUC, based on three components:
- Procurement Costs – The cost of the natural gas itself
- Transportation Costs – The cost of natural gas delivery
- Public Purpose Surcharge – The cost to fund natural gas-related programs
What Determines the Procurement Costs?
How are Transportation Costs Calculated?
All transportation costs are regulated by the CPUC and allow us to recover the costs of natural gas delivery. These costs include pipeline, meter, regulator and service line maintenance.
- The Customer Charge, which is based on days of service
- The Gas Service Charge, which is based on your natural gas usage, measured in therms. This charge is a combination of the gas commodity cost and the transportation cost.
How Does the Baseline Therm Allowance Factor into My Bill?
What Does the Billing Factor Mean?
What does the Public Purpose Surcharge Pay For?
What Other Charges Might I See on My Bill?
Charges From Other Companies
- Commerce Energy (formerly ACN) 1-877-226-3649
- Home Emergency Insurance Solutions (HEIS) 1-888-302-0137