Our Energy Savings Assistance Program provides qualified renters and homeowners with home improvements that help conserve energy and help reduce your natural gas bills. Those who have qualified received services worth hundreds of dollars professionally installed at no cost**.
How to Apply
If you would like to apply and have never participated in this program before, please fill out this form and a representative will contact you.
To complete the form by phone, please call 1-800-331-7593.
Ways to Qualify
A. If you or another person in your household receives benefits from any of these programs:
- Medi-Cal / Medicaid
- Medi-Cal for Families A & B
- Women, Infants and Children (WIC)
- CalWORKs (TANF)1 or Tribal TANF
- Head Start Income Eligible - Tribal Only
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance
- CalFresh (Food Stamps)
- National School Lunch Program (NSLP)
- Low Income Home Energy Assistance Program (LIHEAP)
B. Total income for all persons in your household meets the following income guidelines:
|Number of people in household||Total yearly household income not more than|
These income guidelines are effective June 1, 2020 thru May 31, 2021. For each additional household member, add $8,960.
|Attic insulation||Water heater blankets|
|Door weather stripping||Faucet aerators|
|Caulking||Minor repairs to exterior doors and/or windows|
|Low-flow showerheads||Evaporative cooler vent covers|
|Furnace repair or replacement (owner-occupied only)||Water heater repair or replacement (owner-occupied only)|
How this Program Works
- Once you submit an interest form or call 1-800-331-7593, you will be referred to a local licensed contractor in your area.
- The authorized contractor will schedule an appointment with you for a home visit.
- During the visit, the authorized contractor will determine if you are eligible for the program, and if so, complete your enrollment process. You will also receive tips on how you can save energy (See the Statewide Energy Education Guide below).
- If your home meets eligibility requirements, the contractor will schedule a date to perform the home services.
- After the installations, you may be contacted by an inspection contractor to schedule a follow-up visit to ensure all improvements were installed properly.
Statewide Energy Education Guide. Additional languages are available in:
Recognizing Your Authorized Contractor
Contractors authorized to represent the Energy Savings Assistance Program must present a valid photo ID badge.
On the front of the badge, there will be:
- Energy Savings Assistance Program logo
- Picture and name of the Program Representative
- Expiration date (must be current)
- Explicitly says “Program Representative”
- Name of the approved contractor
- Badge number
- Home Improvement Sales Registration (HISR) number
On the back of the badge, there will be:
- Energy Savings Assistance Program logo
- SoCalGas® toll-free number
If you have concerns about the field contractor’s identity or general questions about the visit, call 1-800-331-7593 between 7 a.m. – 3:30 p.m. to speak with a SoCalGas representative. The representative will be able to verify the contractor’s identity and their authorization to represent the Energy Savings Assistance Program.
What if I Don't Qualify?
If you don't meet the minimum requirements to participate in the Energy Savings Assistance Program, you still may be able to take advantage of one of our other energy efficiency programs.
**This dollar estimate is based on the average market value of services received by SoCalGas residential customers in 2018 under the Energy Savings Assistance Program. This estimate is not guaranteed for any particular customer with respect to a project.
This program is funded by California utility customers and administered by SoCalGas under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. Energy improvements completed under this program are made by third-party providers contracted by SoCalGas. Program funds, including any funds utilized for rebates or incentives, will be allocated on a first-come, first-served basis until such funds are no longer available. This program may be modified or terminated without prior notice. The selection, purchase, and ownership of goods and/or services are the sole responsibility of customer. SoCalGas makes no warranty, whether express or implied, including the warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, of goods or services selected by customer. Customers who choose to participate in this program are not obligated to purchase any additional goods or services offered by contractor or any other third party. SoCalGas does not endorse, qualify, or guarantee the work of any contractor or other third party. Eligibility requirements apply; see the program conditions for details.